Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get Thunderbolt working? I'm having a nightmare with my Alpine Ridge card and BIOS setting.

Thanks.

At the same spot here. Alpine Ridge driver installed on Windows. Anything I plugin on the Windows side works flawlessly.

Mojave will not pickup the Alpine Ridge card, and I've been looking everywhere for support to get this work on macOS with my Z390. Considering rolling back to High Sierra to see if I have better success with TB3.

by the way, Huge Shout Out for the existence of this thread! Thank you all for being supportive and helping us get our systems dialed in!!!

How did you get Thunderbolt working? I'm having a nightmare with my Alpine Ridge card and BIOS setting.

Thanks.
You probably already figured this out, but I found the fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go into the BIOS and locate the GPIO3 Force Pwr option in the Thunderbolt Settings. (I think it was the deepest Thunderbolt menu I could find on the Z390.)

Enable GPIO3 Force Power

Boom!

So, I know this post has been inactive for over a year, but...

Anyone that was successful with this built (like I was, thanks to @blouse and others!) has tried to upgrade to Big Sur while keeping the same hardware?

I would be very interested in your responses since this is exactly what I am planning to do.

Thanks!

I don't have the TB card, but I've had no issues running Big Sur with OpenCore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back