Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I based my setup on pastrychef's Gaming M build, and this is what I did — kept my USBInjectAll setup. Is it the "way to go"? USBPorts.kext can work but you need to build it for your board and for your needs. Of course, the same is true with USBInjectAll — if you don't have the correct SSDTs for your board and setup, that won't help either. USBPorts is the newer way to do it, and therefore arguably better. I was just lazy.

You might remember that I had said I was using bits of your EFI. Last night I realized that my computer wasn't seeing any of its USB 3 ports. I had to remove USBPorts.kext and replace it with USBInjectAll to get them going. Apparently this is the way to go? Use the SSDTs and USBInjectAll? That's what CaseySJ seems to be doing with his Designare EFI.

On my previous Mojave install the only way I could get the ports to work was by using a USBPorts.kext AND the SSDTs... but this time it seems different with Catalina.

Maybe there's something else I'm doing wrong... but it seems to be working fine. I wouldn't be bringing it up if I wasn't using your EFI. :)
As you stated I'm running USBPorts.kexts and have no issues with USB either built in or via the GC-Titan Ridge card.
USB.jpg

Current EFI attached for reference, using Clover 5118 and iMac19,1 with iGPU enabled as headless, graphics output using 5700XT card. Generate or copy over your existing serial numbers to the config file, random values exist within.

Native NVRAM needs to be enabled by disabling the BIOS cfg-lock if not already patched, hopefully the beta F12h BIOS has this toggle but I have not installed it to find out.

Disable the iGPU in BIOS if you are having repeated 'no entry' memory allocation errors on startup. This happens very occasionally for me but will boot fine on the next attempt. I have always had iGPU enabled for quick look and rendering compatibility.

CSM Support: Enabled
VT-d: Disabled
Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Internal Graphics: Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated / Total Gfx Men / Aperture Size: 64M / 256M / 256MB
Audio Controller: Enabled
Above 4G Decoding: Enabled
PCH LAN Controller: Enabled
Wake on LAN: Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
USB Mass Storage Driver Support: Enabled
Port 60/64 Emulation: Disabled
Network Stack: Disabled
LEDs in System Power on State: On
LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation and Soft Off States: Off
PTT: Disabled
SGX: Disabled
3DMark01 Enhancement: Disabled
Platform Power Management: Disabled
AC Back: Always Off
ErP: Disabled
Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN: Delay 4sec.
Resume by Alarm: Disabled
Power Loading: Auto
CEC 2019 Ready: Disabled
RC6(Render Standby): Enabled
XMP Profile 1

Hope that helps :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.8 MB · Views: 157
I'm very grateful, thank you. :) I must be doing something different as I'm not seeing what you're seeing without using USBInjectAll

Today my computer went completely insane... my external Thunderbolt chassis kept on disappearing randomly, and Pro Tools would freeze up and complain that I "shouldn't have sleep enabled." Which I don't, as I have both sleep and hibernate completely disabled. Took the Pro Tools card out of the chassis, and put it right into the motherboard instead of the Titan Ridge card, and then the system worked fine. I have a real fight up ahead later this week to figure out what was going on, but I have clients in for the next few days.

Disable the iGPU in BIOS if you are having repeated 'no entry' memory allocation errors on startup. This happens very occasionally for me but will boot fine on the next attempt. I have always had iGPU enabled for quick look and rendering compatibility.
Every time I was able to get the iGpu to work, it would give me the memory error once I switched between Windows and OSX. I just gave up on it. Not worth the headache. I don't use QuickSync anyway.

Every time I was able to get the iGpu to work, it would give me the memory error once I switched between Windows and OSX. I just gave up on it. Not worth the headache. I don't use QuickSync anyway.
Well, this is no longer the case. Using OpenCore, I'm now running with the iGPU as well and have been for several weeks. Including switching back and forth between Windows, Linux, and OS X.

Current EFI attached for reference, using Clover 5118 and iMac19,1 with iGPU enabled as headless, graphics output using 5700XT card. Generate or copy over your existing serial numbers to the config file, random values exist within.

Native NVRAM needs to be enabled by disabling the BIOS cfg-lock if not already patched, hopefully the beta F12h BIOS has this toggle but I have not installed it to find out.

CSM Support: Enabled
VT-d: Disabled
Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Internal Graphics: Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated / Total Gfx Men / Aperture Size: 64M / 256M / 256MB
Audio Controller: Enabled
Above 4G Decoding: Enabled
PCH LAN Controller: Enabled
Wake on LAN: Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
USB Mass Storage Driver Support: Enabled
Port 60/64 Emulation: Disabled
Network Stack: Disabled
LEDs in System Power on State: On
LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation and Soft Off States: Off
PTT: Disabled
SGX: Disabled
3DMark01 Enhancement: Disabled
Platform Power Management: Disabled
AC Back: Always Off
ErP: Disabled
Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN: Delay 4sec.
Resume by Alarm: Disabled
Power Loading: Auto
CEC 2019 Ready: Disabled
RC6(Render Standby): Enabled
XMP Profile 1

Hope that helps :)

Why enable CSM support? This option is only for support no GPT partitions , for legacy MBR on UEFI bios

Hi,

Have you tried using x.m.p.?

I have almost the same setup as you (radeon vii as gpu). when running xmp the system freezes after 1-15minutes. At normal 2166mhz works like a charm. Apparently the motherboard does not support these ripjaws

Also had problems with Above 4g decoding enabled, I was unable to enter bios again. Only resetting bios was the way to get past this problem.

Everything else works like a charm

BTW. I’m using Catalina.

Hi everyone :)
Could someone please check my EFI and help me.
I just bought Gigabyte Z390Aorus Pro (without WIFI) with Intel Core i5-9600KF, and I cannot make to audio and some USB works.
OS is Catalina.
Bootloader is Clover.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I didn't want to make a clean install as I should. Now I did it and all work just fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 19.31.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 19.31.52.png
    90 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 19.33.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 19.33.28.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back