Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new 8 core Mac Pro has a Geekbench 5 score of only 1008 single and 7606 Multicore. Ouch.

It's very quiet in this thread which is good, means our computers are ticking along nicely with no issues :clap:

However I have read the dire warnings posted by the author of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and have tried methods to remove this memory fix driver from my system. Apparently this was never meant to be released to the public and has the potential to damage some components in your system by calling a memory sector which is unavailable on an otherwise booted mac.
screen-shot-2019-12-26-at-8-50-02-pm-png.442161

Attempted to memory map my system in Clover to set a valid slide number for AptioMemoryFix but it was not totally reliable on our Z390 Aorus boards. What did work was to replace the Aptio fix drivers with the OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices.efi from OpenCore. This works reliably on our Clover installations with the Z390 Aorus Pro.

@CaseySJ has a primer on FwRuntimeServices here
This now enables me to boot with both iGPU and RX5700XT enabled in BIOS which previously led to a memory allocation error with -free2000.efi driver.

Last edited:
It's very quiet in this thread which is good, means our computers are ticking along nicely with no issues :clap:

However I have read the dire warnings posted by the author of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and have tried methods to remove this memory fix driver from my system. Apparently this was never meant to be released to the public and has the potential to damage some components in your system by calling a memory sector which is unavailable on an otherwise booted mac.

Attempted to memory map my system in Clover to set a valid slide number for AptioMemoryFix but it was not totally reliable on our Z390 Aorus boards. What did work was to replace the Aptio fix drivers with the OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices.efi from OpenCore. This works reliably on our Clover installations with the Z390 Aorus Pro.

This now enables me to boot with both iGPU and RX5700XT enabled in BIOS which previously led to a memory allocation error with -free2000.efi driver.

Can you share your EFI folder? Thanks.

I've got to try that method myself, just got OpenCore going nicely to avoid that driver and potential damage to my system. Unfortunately the -free2000.efi had been the only solution that worked. This could be another valid option considering OpenCore is still very much in Beta.

Edit: I tried adding both drivers along with EmuVariableUefi.efi and the slide=0 without success, it hangs immediately. I removed the EmuVariableUefi.efi driver and it boots but hands on IONvme (something like that) which I believe means it won't/ can't read my Mcme drive. I'll have to read keep reading Casey SJs thread which is also still a work in progress.

Edit: Got it to work, I'm not using the slide=0 but I had to enable iGPU which I had off to emulate MacPro1.1. Pretty cool!

Last edited:
Can you share your EFI folder? Thanks.
EFI attached.

This has been tweaked slightly for my system which has the GC Titan Ridge TB card in PCIe slot 4 and a Fenvi T919 Wifi + Bluetooth card in PCIe x1 slot. Boot drive Samsung NVMe SSD in top M2 and Windows SSD in bottom M2 slot. Four SATA HDs connected and the RX5700 XT graphics card driving monitor via DisplayPort. Audio using layout 11 for rear green jack and front headphone connector.

VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC.
FwRuntimeServices.efi, OcQuirks and Memory Allocation.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
I've got to try that method myself, just got OpenCore going nicely to avoid that driver and potential damage to my system. Unfortunately the -free2000.efi had been the only solution that worked. This could be another valid option considering OpenCore is still very much in Beta.

Edit: I tried adding both drivers along with EmuVariableUefi.efi and the slide=0 without success, it hangs immediately. I removed the EmuVariableUefi.efi driver and it boots but hands on IONvme (something like that) which I believe means it won't/ can't read my Mcme drive. I'll have to read keep reading Casey SJs thread which is also still a work in progress.

Edit: Got it to work, I'm not using the slide=0 but I had to enable iGPU which I had off to emulate MacPro1.1. Pretty cool!

Do you have OC working with AORUS Z390 Pro? Can you please share your EFI?

I have an Aorus Z3890 Master, its a little different.

OpenCore please :) I already have a perfect setup with Clover (thnx to AudioGod) but I’d like to experiment with OpenCore as well :)

OpenCore please :) I already have a perfect setup with Clover (thnx to AudioGod) but I’d like to experiment with OpenCore as well :)
I'd also like to move to OpenCore and have read the pdf which seems a bit heavy, might wait until they release a utility like Clover Configurator for easy plist editing?

I'd also like to move to OpenCore and have read the pdf which seems a bit heavy, might wait until they release a utility like Clover Configurator for easy plist editing?
I'll post mine in a while for either of you to check out. Again it's a slightly different board but it is a Z390 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back