Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent guide! Thank you for your support!

I have a very similar build with the only difference being a Sapphire RX 580 8GB Nitro+. My computer seems to be working great however I'm facing extremely low Geekbench scores: :(
Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score

I have followed your BIOS configuration exactly and cannot manage to figure out where the issue is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you very much!

Your geekbench scores look great assuming you are using Geekbench 5. They lowered the scores in the new version compared to geekbench 4. I get 1234/8011 on an i7 9700k.

So I just went and finally did a complete reinstall and setup of clover, Catalina EFI folder and all. I got the much dreaded couldn’t allocate runtime 2 out of 3 boots. The only way for me to fix this and it’s been like this every time but I have to set csractive in Clover to 0X67 and use osoptiofix 2000 in my EFI drivers folder. ANY of the other “memory” drivers will not let me boot.
So I ask why....

I also noticed that after updating the BIOS of my board and setting everything back in overclock my Geekbench scores have dropped quite a bit. One other thing shutdown and restarts are slow, too. (Once I select either it takes around 10-20 seconds sometimes longer.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the superb guide I have read all 59 pages over the past few days!

I have been using a flawless Z97x-UD7 TH 4790 system for a few years and now have all the components sitting next to me for a new system.

Taken the plunge and have got an i9-9900KS special edition for almost the same price as the regular version. The Aorus Pro should supply enough power to reliably run it at 5GHZ, we will see soon enough.

Planning on simply replacing my existing EFI folder on my NVMe Catalina drive with a new one constructed from Blouse's excellent post on page 1. Will pop it into the lower M2 slot and boot it up tonight.

Also got a Radeon 5700 XT which I will use when up and running.

One query is the Text option in Clover Configurator, will this cause issues with a non Vega GPU card?

Cheers all.

Struggling to boot with either USB installer or EFI on existing drive. Not getting anywhere fast.

EDIT:

Boots up fine only when internal graphics are disabled in BIOS. Memory allocation errors otherwise.

EDIT 2:

Fast, cool, silent, working 100% and hitting 5GHz turbo on all cores. Updated to 10.15.2 without issue.
Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 00.41.51.png

Last edited:
Struggling to boot with either USB installer or EFI on existing drive. Not getting anywhere fast.

EDIT:

Boots up fine only when internal graphics are disabled in BIOS. Memory allocation errors otherwise.

EDIT 2:

Fast, cool, silent, working 100% and hitting 5GHz turbo on all cores. Updated to 10.15.2 without issue.
View attachment 440178
Mind sharing your complete overclock settings. I can only manage around 39878-40000.

Mind sharing your complete overclock settings. I can only manage around 39878-40000.
Stock settings using f11 BIOS which is optimised for i9-9900KS to run at 5GHz turbo across all cores under load.

Geekbench 3 are really overinflated benchmarks. Try GB4 or GB5 for a more realistic number, please.

GB5
1372 Single / 9531 Multicore

Now riddle me this. Before all this I could simply unplug one of my Vegas to do benchmarks in FCPX, and I mean unplug while it was shut down. Then boot and use only the one. Now, when I do that, I cannot even get the BIOS screen to show or anything. Plug it back up, and it works. Even tried taking the card completely out. WHY?

Edit: This morning was finally able to get back up via using only one vega. I had to reflash the BIOS and set up everything there again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back