Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Is anyone with this build running Pro Tools? I've got it installed, but it's not seeing my USB audio interface (Scarlet 2i4), which is otherwise showing up and working perfectly for the OS, as well as Premiere and Final Cut.

Followed this to a T and cannot get the installer working.

I look in the EFI folder and none of the drivers contain "-64".

Can someone please just upload their EFI folder for this i9 9900K / Z390 Aorus Pro build?

Followed this to a T and cannot get the installer working.

I look in the EFI folder and none of the drivers contain "-64".

Can someone please just upload their EFI folder for this i9 9900K / Z390 Aorus Pro build?
Yes. I’ll help you bro... I had the same issue...

Where are you stuck?

Yes. I’ll help you bro... I had the same issue...

Where are you stuck?

Thank you.

Well, it appears that at some point the OP made a switch to Mojave so (I'm guessing) some things were edited in the original post. I'm trying to install High Sierra so I can use a 1080 Ti. The card is not installed yet so I'm starting all of this with integrated graphics.

That said, after using the exact same BIOS, same BIOS settings, the exact same Clover Configurator options, etc, the installer will either halt immediately at "End Randomseed ++++++++++++++++++++++" or stop at 1/3rd with an error about certain calls being incorrect, out of date, etc. Using the guide the "-64" files are non-existent, so I've copied swapped other EFI folders that other users have posted with their success and each of them stops the installer at one of the points mentioned above.

I really just need a i9 9900k, Z390 Aorus Pro, High Sierra EFI folder to work from before I sort out my own graphics because starting from the guide (which results in a broken /drivers64UEFI folder, and may include other things meant for Mojave and no longer High Sierra) I cannot get the installer working.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you.

Well, it appears that at some point the OP made a switch to Mojave so (I'm guessing) some things were edited in the original post. I'm trying to install High Sierra so I can use a 1080 Ti. The card is not installed yet so I'm starting all of this with integrated graphics.

That said, after using the exact same BIOS, same BIOS settings, the exact same Clover Configurator options, etc, the installer will either halt immediately at "End Randomseed ++++++++++++++++++++++" or stop at 1/3rd with an error about certain calls being incorrect, out of date, etc. Using the guide the "-64" files are non-existent, so I've copied swapped other EFI folders that other users have posted with their success and each of them stops the installer at one of the points mentioned above.

I really just need a i9 9900k, Z390 Aorus Pro, High Sierra EFI folder to work from before I sort out my own graphics because starting from the guide (which results in a broken /drivers64UEFI folder, and may include other things meant for Mojave and no longer High Sierra) I cannot get the installer working.

Thanks for any help.
Try an older version of UniBeast. The latest version of Clover is 64bit only, and. since 32bit drivers have been removed, there is no longer a need to differentiate with "-64." The files Location have been changed to remove "64"too (from /drivers64 to /drivers/BIOS and from /drivers64UEFI to /drivers/UEFI).

Hi All,

I finally managed to get the Mojave working, thank you to all of you.

But now, my mouse when I'm moving it, it lags for a quick second every now and then. It's very odd. Like every 10 seconds there's a small jitter or lag.. Anyone had face this? I'm a photographer and this is really bugging me.

Seems like only happens when I'm moving the mouse the lag happens... even when I'm watching a video and moving my curser .. the same pause happens.

Any thoughts?

awesome build!!!congrats.

For the ones that use FCPX heavily and that have upgraded to Catalina are you seeing also major improvements in FCPX render times? I also decided to try with only one single Vega 64 and times are nearly identical to using both on most projects.

Hi all,

After the success of my first build, I'm putting together a second system from this guide. This new one is fairly close to the guide, just with different RAM and a RX580 instead of the Vega64.

i9-9900K
GA Z390 Aorus Pro @ F10 (also tried F6,F7,F8, & F9 with the same problem described below)
64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400
Saphire Radeon RX580
1tb Samsung EVO 970 NVMe
Mojave 10.14.6
UniBeast 9.2

I first tried to install on a 1TB EVO 970 Plus M.2 NVMe. Once it got past the first reboot on the OS install, it starts the 2nd phase of the OS install, but quickly (within 1 min) kernel panics and reboots. I then tried to install on a Corsair MP300 240GB M.2 NVMe, and the install went quick and easy with no problems. I next replaced the 970 Plus with a Evo 970 (non-plus), and I'm having the same issue - kernel panics during the 2nd phase (post reboot) of the OS install.

I've attached a screen grab from the moment of the panic. There's a blurry part just before the "panic (CPU 0)" which shows "IOG flags 0x3 (0x5!)" (or at least that's what it looks like from the blurry screen grab)

I've tried formatting the drive both APFS, as well as HFS+, with the same results. I've seen some posts talking about the 970Plus being problematic, but that the 970 should be fine (which I've confirmed from my other build from August) . I tried to update the firmware on the 970 (non plus), but the utility says that it's already up to date.

I also tried pulling the RX580 and just using the IGFX during OS install, but had the same results.

My first, successful build has an EVO 970, and I had absolutely no problems with it.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening, and why both the 970 and 970 Plus are both having the same issue, but the Corsair isn't?

Alternate question: Are there other NVMe drives that work, and are as fast as the EVO 970? The Coarsair MP300 is slower, so it's not preferable to keep using that one.

thx!

AJ

Attachments

• IMG_6840.PNG
    IMG_6840.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back