Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blouse Thx for a great work!! Can you pls share your latest EFI folder with us.

Hi,

I have the same setup as blouse, installing only with the internal graphics.

Aorus 390 Pro
i9-9900K
Titan Ridge

Mojave installerr (newest)

BIOS F10

I am booting from the back side port USB 2.0

I can only start the Mojave Installer if I use -no_compat_check as a clover boot option - otherwise I get "This version of OSX is not supported on this platform" I could make this disappear by using the EFI provided by blouse at the start of August (in this thread)

The system loads for a while, and then it restarts (there is a message quickly flashing on the screen that this is what it wants to do) - but after that it just starts up into the USB-stick clover boot screen. I never make it "into" the actual installer, or installing screen.

The -v dump shows the following (more or less):

...long list of things...
@kec.libm 1 @kec.pthread 1 @kec.crecrypto 1.0 Attempting system restart...
(and then it obviously restarts)

Any ideas?

thanks,yp

Last edited:
Just finished my build of almost the same components. Everything Works as it should.
However my Geekbench results are far below yours: Single: 12XX - Multi: 98xx.

Where is the biggest probability to have done something wrong in efi and config.plist . By the way, the Geekbench report shows only 1500 MHz instead of 3000 MHz for the 32 GB memory. The System is defined as 18,3, I tried it with 19,1 with no difference.
Any hints would be nice. Thanks in advance.

ypar,
I would recheck the BIOS setting (restore to defaults and then change back to blouse's on page 1 of the thread). Are you using the edited EFI for page one or just trying to start straight out of the UniBeast default EFI?

Last edited:
After updating to 14.6 the activity lights on both my vega 64's has quit showing activity. Still working but the lights are just not showing activity.

My post is moved to a different Forum, if you can help me there, I'd be grateful.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules.

Many thanks,
Pooya

Hallo again,
I am driving nuts as I don't get a decent performance in Geek bench:
View attachment 427664

Also the memory frequency is shown as 1500 MHz while I use two 16GB 3000 MHz G-Skill memories. I attached my EFI folder, possibly someone can have a look at it. The System is very stable but slower than what I have seen here in this thread.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hallo again,
I am driving nuts as I don't get a decent performance in Geek bench:
View attachment 427664

Also the memory frequency is shown as 1500 MHz while I use two 16GB 3000 MHz G-Skill memories. I attached my EFI folder, possibly someone can have a look at it. The System is very stable but slower than what I have seen here in this thread.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Did you check your BIOS setting and memory multipliers?

Did you check your BIOS setting and memory multipliers?
Thank you for your Feedback.
The whole problem is on my side. The reason for the big differences in Geekbench is not my set-up, it is rather based on the different Geekbench versions. GB5 gives lower scores for same set-up than GB4 which was used by "blouse" and others here. Also, the memory frequency shows always only half of the given value as it is DDR (Double Data Rate).
So, all my fault by comparing apples and onions... Sorry
@blouse, et all, thank you for all the great work!

Last edited:
Thank you for your Feedback.
The whole problem is on my side. The reason for the big differences in Geekbench is not my set-up, it is rather based on the different Geekbench versions. GB5 gives lower scores for same set-up than GB4 which was used by "blouse" and others here. Also, the memory frequency shows always only half of the given value as it is DDR (Double Data Rate).
So, all my fault by comparing apples and onions... Sorry
@blouse, et all, thank you for all the great work!

Were you able to fix it?

I'm having a problem where I'm getting a black cursor after my install, do you have anything like that?

Fabric Link on2 x MSI Radeon RX580 OC Armor edition. MDB= MSI H370 Gaming Pro Carbon

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 04.26.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 04.26.58.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 04.26.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 04.26.26.png
    397.1 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back