Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends, I'm also failing to post despite following directions to the letter.

With or without GPU. Spec is the same as OP.

2 days in am losing faith!

after my 79th fresh attempt I'm beginning to wonder if the fact that I'm using an old TV as a monitor could be an issue?

Or 16GB DIMM?

I've tried following this guide but I keep running into issues in Phase 1 before the installation page. I've even tried copying a recent version of @blouse EFI folder and I still run into the error pictured below. Edit: it definitely has to do with that "Waiting for dict ID=0" line. After about 20 attempts it's there every time in some form or another.

I have a feeling it has something to do with my USB setup. I have an Z390 Aorus Pro but my case has 4 USB3 ports so I bought an Inateck Pcie card with an internal connector (chipset supposed to be compatible out of the box). I also have a SilverStone Technology power/reset switch in one of the internal USB2 headers because my case doesn't have a reset switch.

Let me know what you think. I've been working on this for two nights now! Thanks!

First of all:
for the first boot, I mean until you installed the system, DISCONNECT everything not necessary, so disconnect usb hub, maybe also the power/reset on usb port etcc
just keep the MINIMUN necessary, after the installation You can then connect them all

Did you updated to bios F10?
for the installation, use a USB 2 port! so use one of the 4 port in the top
Use only 1 monitor, and use a digital port (HDMI or DVI)
cross the finger

after my 79th fresh attempt I'm beginning to wonder if the fact that I'm using an old TV as a monitor could be an issue?

Or 16GB DIMM?
Yeah, could be because you need a digital port, try with a HDMI/DVI monitor

hello friends, I'm also failing to post despite following directions to the letter.

With or without GPU. Spec is the same as OP.

2 days in am losing faith!

Don't lose faith!!

Follow the guides and hints, and you'll found your way!

Please both , post your specs (CPU, GPU, etc.) in your signature so it's easy to help you.

I'm plugged into an ancient 720p tv. Just moved overseas so haven't picked up a monitor yet!

Is that really a possible problem? I'm mostly counting on it as have genuinely tried everything else but keep hitting this RandomSeed error.

I'm plugged into an ancient 720p tv. Just moved overseas so haven't picked up a monitor yet!

Is that really a possible problem? I'm mostly counting on it as have genuinely tried everything else but keep hitting this RandomSeed error.

I was getting same error as you can read here

for the installation, use a usb 2 port! so use one of the 4 port in the top

Did you done all these steps?

post your hardware list

Thanks. I won't have time to waste on this again until next week but you've helped ease me away from the cliff edge!

for the first boot, I mean until you installed the system, DISCONNECT everything not necessary, so disconnect usb hub, maybe also the power/reset on usb port etcc
just keep the MINIMUN necessary, after the installation You can then connect them all

for the installation, use a USB 2 port! so use one of the 4 port in the top
cross the finger

It worked! I had already tried using a USB 2.0 stick, unplugging the USB PCIe card, and unplugging the reset switch remote but between updating to F10 and also unplugging the USB3.0 front panel connector from the motherboard itself, it went through. It's good advice for future builders to keep it SUPER simple during installation!

What cables did you need to connect to the Titan Ridge card?

2x8Pin Power,
THB Header
USB cable

Do they all need to be connected? All guides only mention the thunderbold header connection.

Is all the stuff that's inserted in "Text Mode" (in the guide on page 1) purely for GPU fan control and GPU overclocking?

Is all the stuff that's inserted in "Text Mode" (in the guide on page 1) purely for GPU fan control and GPU overclocking?
Partially, yes.
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>...</dict>
This is the Vega 64 and is no longer needed in 10.14.5+ if you don't plan on over clocking. Fans on my Vega 56 are controlled properly without injecting these properties. Also, unless you have a Vega 64, these specific device properties will cause issues.
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>...</dict>
Is for the IGPU and only necessary if you want to run in headless mode WITH another GPU.

What cables did you need to connect to the Titan Ridge card?

2x8Pin Power,
THB Header
USB cable

Do they all need to be connected? All guides only mention the thunderbold header connection.
That's the Titan Ridge card. The Alpine ridge is the one that only comes wit hthe THB header cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back