Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Is anyone noticing slow Ethernet speeds on this build? For the past day, I've been running regular (about ever 45 min or so) Ethernet speed tests from this Z390 build, as well as from my iPhone and MBP (both via wifi). I have a 50mbit Comcast business connection, which usually returns Ethernet speeds in the high 20's.

Right now, The Z390 Ethernet has been consistently getting speeds between 1.5 and 7 megabits, but my laptop and phone are each returning well over 25 megabits via WiFi, so I'm pretty confident that the mobo's Ethernet is running slow.

Should I look into other Ethernet drivers?

thx!

- GA AorusPro Z390 F8 BIOS
- i9-9900k
- 1xVega64
- 64 GB (4x16) Vengeance DDR4 3200
- Samsung 970 m.2 @ 1tb
- Arctic Freezer 13CO (air cooler)
- Corsair 860
- OSX 10.14.6
- EFI 100% copied from Blouse's posted folder from several days ago.

Please I need some help!

Finally today I assembled my new baby, but booting from the usb i got this :
EDIT: Adding the flag -no_compat_check and it stuck on "end Randomseed"

IMG_8198.jpg

Followed all instructions, excluded the ROM number.
Maybe the problem is the smbios, or the missing of the ROM number?
because i don't have one as I wrote
here
ok generated a valid ROM

this are my drivers and kext
Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 00.49.17.png

and attached there is also the config.plist (maybe i pasted wrong the usb stuff in the plist ?)

I booting using the External MSI GPU with a DVI to HDMI cable
From a USB 3 port

What can I try?

Pleaseee I can't go bed without at least boot in desktop once! :evil: :mrgreen:

thankss

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 00.35.30.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 00.35.30.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 68
  • config.plist
    9.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@gino8080 For starters, you don't need USBInjectAll if you have all your ports mapped and are using the DSDT patches in the ACPI/patched folder as detailed in this guide (SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml). Also, you don't need the drivers in drivers64UEFI as it appears you are using a recent version of Clover. Mine is working fine with OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi (which negates the need for the ...-free2000.efi driver). I've attached my EFI folder. Note that I've removed the SMBIOS section altogether so you'll need add that in manually.

One more thing, you don't need the Devices > Properties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) entry. That was pre 10.14.5 when VGTab_en was needed to control the fan speeds. That has since been addressed in 10.14.5+ (not to mention, this guide is specific to the Vega 64 which doesn't match your Vega 56). The only time the fans on my GPU have come on is during LuxMark tests :)

That said, I had this same issue early on (RandomSeed) and it was a setting in the UEFI BIOS (sadly, I can't remember which).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 156
Thankyou @oddless

With your EFI folder (and a new generated SMBIOS from 18.3)

i passed that error, but now it's stuck at this screen

IMG_8200.jpg

Always booting from a USB3 port (name usb3.1)
And with a DVI to HDMI cable

EDIT:
Booting from a USB2 (1 of the 4 at the top)

the installation stop here at VM swap subsistem is ON

IMG_8201.jpg

Maybe I have to try with integrated GPU?

EDIT:
Same with Intel Gpu and from usb2

I'm so sad :cry:

Last edited:
Hi all,

Is anyone noticing slow Ethernet speeds on this build? For the past day, I've been running regular (about ever 45 min or so) Ethernet speed tests from this Z390 build, as well as from my iPhone and MBP (both via wifi). I have a 50mbit Comcast business connection, which usually returns Ethernet speeds in the high 20's.

Right now, The Z390 Ethernet has been consistently getting speeds between 1.5 and 7 megabits, but my laptop and phone are each returning well over 25 megabits via WiFi, so I'm pretty confident that the mobo's Ethernet is running slow.

Should I look into other Ethernet drivers?

thx!

- GA AorusPro Z390 F8 BIOS
- i9-9900k
- 1xVega64
- 64 GB (4x16) Vengeance DDR4 3200
- Samsung 970 m.2 @ 1tb
- Arctic Freezer 13CO (air cooler)
- Corsair 860
- OSX 10.14.6
- EFI 100% copied from Blouse's posted folder from several days ago.
I noticed my Wifi was slow last night (20-25mbps instead of the ~500-600 I normally get). I just updated to 10.14.6. It's still fast under Windows and I'm using a Wifi card straight out of a Macbook Pro. So, I'm thinking 10.14.6 has some bugs in it.

Hi all,

Update your Kexts! Seriously, I went from Ping 200ms 25mbps down 2 mbps up. Now I'm at 17ms and 400/80. Still slower than my full speed, but I'll chalk it up to being on Wifi and multiple people in my house using their devices right now.
I updated my clover folder in my thread with the new kexts as well. Also, Clover is now on 5022, which I also updated.

Update:
Yup, wireless is blazing again :D

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 12.20.07 AM.png

Last edited:
Update your Kexts! Seriously, I went from Ping 200ms 25mbps down 2 mbps up. Now I'm at 17ms and 400/80. Still slower than my full speed, but I'll chalk it up to being on Wifi and multiple people in my house using their devices right now.
I updated my clover folder in my thread with the new kexts as well. Also, Clover is now on 5022, which I also updated.

Update:
Yup, wireless is blazing again :D

View attachment 419957

OK, I updated the kexts and moved to Clover 5033, then rebuilt my kext cache. My wifi is now getting around 30mbits, which is great, but the ethernet is still sluggish, not getting any faster than 7mbits.

Should I be looking at any other possible drivers for the ethernet port on the Z390Pro? My kext folder has the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, might any others work?

thx!

OK, I updated the kexts and moved to Clover 5033, then rebuilt my kext cache. My wifi is now getting around 30mbits, which is great, but the ethernet is still sluggish, not getting any faster than 7mbits.

Should I be looking at any other possible drivers for the ethernet port on the Z390Pro? My kext folder has the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, might any others work?

thx!
OK, so I pulled out my 500ft cable, lol. (This is why mine isn't hardwired at the moment and I rely on Wifi.) Anyway, as you can see I'm getting full speed. Yours sounds like it's connected at 10Mbps instead of 1,000Mbps.

I'm attaching my IntelMausiEthernet kext.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 9.18.23 PM.png

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 69
OK, so I pulled out my 500ft cable, lol. (This is why mine isn't hardwired at the moment and I rely on Wifi.) Anyway, as you can see I'm getting full speed. Yours sounds like it's connected at 10Mbps instead of 1,000Mbps.

Thanks for dredging out the cable ; ) I did just check my switch, and it's showing a 1000T connection, so I'm confident it's not my wiring. I'm gonna look into getting USB Ethernet dongle and see how it performs.

Thx!

Thanks for dredging out the cable ; ) I did just check my switch, and it's showing a 1000T connection, so I'm confident it's not my wiring. I'm gonna look into getting USB Ethernet dongle and see how it performs.

Thx!
I don't know if it will help or not, but I put my current BIOS screenshots in my thread if you want to mull those over.

Link Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back