Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
6. Install Windows (only necessary for TB3 or if you just want to have it)
6a. Create UEFI Installation Media using Rufus on a Windows computer6b. Hold F12 during BIOS to enter boot menu6c. Select your Windows Install Stick6d. Erase and format your smaller (unused) partition6e. Install Windows - if it asks for a key, just click "don't have one" and continue6f. Install Gigabyte Thunderbolt 3 drivers6g. Enter BIOS and select your Main SSD EFI as Boot option #16h. Restart into macOS, TB3 is now enabled.

I'm curious - if you clear the CMOS, does the board forget the TB3 activation?

Hello I followed all the steps until here:

Clover Configurator / Gui Tab
+ CsrActiveConfig : 0x67
+ Click Generate

Here I suppose there is a Typo,
the tab should be Clover Configurator / Rt Variables

when I insert 0x67 in the CsrActiveConfig,
and then press GENERATE it gives me this error:

Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 16.19.46.png

What I did Wrong?

Clover configurator v5.4.5.0
Clover_v2.5k_r5033

PS: I'm on a macbook without LAN adapter, maybe that is the problem?
How to generate a valid ROM number?

thank you

Last edited:
It seems the latest version of Clover (r5018) does not install *-64 drivers in drivers64UEFI. When I get to that step, it installs them in drivers/UEFI and they lack the -64 in the name. It also apparently wipes out previously installed kexts and drivers but leaves the config. Unless I'm doing something incorrectly, I would advise against that step in the install process, or, at least swap 2c and 2d. I ended up not installing the latest Clover and finally got it to boot to the installer.
In effect in the Clover installer (2.5k r5033) there are NOT the 64 version (for example ApfsDriverLoader-64)
Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 16.48.30.png

So you suggest I'll first install clover so step 2d
and THEN after get manually those kext somewhere ( where please?)
and follow step 2c?

Nevermind, I just read this:
All of Clovers efi drivers are now 64 bit by default so the developers have dropped the -64 suffix. Any drivers that you have with -64 suffix will be old/unsupported versions and should be updated.
Thank you

Last edited:
It seems the latest version of Clover (r5018) does not install *-64 drivers in drivers64UEFI. When I get to that step, it installs them in drivers/UEFI and they lack the -64 in the name.

In effect in the clover installer (2.5k r5033) there are NOT the 64 version (for example ApfsDriverLoader-64) and THEN after get manually those kext somewhere ( where please?)

@oddless, @gino8080

Your assumptions are incorrect !!!

Clover r4442+ dropped all 32Bit support including support for 32Bit efi drivers.

All drivers in the installer are now 64 bit ... as such the devs dropped the -64 suffix as there is no need for it.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@oddless, @gino8080

Clover r4442+ dropped all 32Bit support including support for 32Bit efi drivers.

All drivers in the installer are now 64 bit ... as such the devs dropped the -64 suffix as there is no need for it.

Cheers
Jay

yes thank you @jaymonkey !

So I followed all the steps,
first 2d (selecting kext that are 64bit by default)
and THEN 2c (because new clover resets the kext folder)

the only problem I got is with the ROM number generation as i wrote here

any hints on this please?

I never assumed they weren't 64bit, just an observation about install location and naming convention. I suppose I should have gone through the Clover release notes or searched the forum threads on the matter and saved everyone's time. At the rate of change it's a challenge to keep up with all the latest developments; for both creators and consumers of these guides. That said, I'm still extremely appreciative of all the effort that goes into this project. Could not be where we're at without the hack community. :thumbup:

Hey all,
Well... I tried psedog's EFI folder and modded the config.plist accordingly and I still get nothing but the crossed circle... even trying to boot from the install USB.
I followed the BIOS setup, I have all the appropriate kexts and drivers and BUPKIS!
My personal hack built on the Designare is rock solid but this one ios driving me nuts! Especially since I had it working until my friend decided to try and overclock it (the BIOS has been reset)

EDIT: OOPS! Nevermind. One of my DIMM's wasn't properly seated. Now running on all 64GB and GB CPUscore is 35798. WOOWHOO! ; )

Hi all,

- GA AorusPro Z390 F8 BIOS
- i9-9900k
- 1xVega64
- 64 GB (4x16) Vengeance DDR4 3200
- Samsung 970 m.2 @ 1tb
- Arctic Freezer 13CO (air cooler)
- Corsair 860
- OSX 10.14.6

Using the EFI folder that Blouse posted the other day, I was just able to get my system to install and boot without too many setbacks. I've just finished the install, and ran Geekbench first thing where my score is 5924 single, and 27979 multi-core. Compute Open CL score is 136879. I'm seeing other of you posting much higher scores in around 35000, so I'm wondering if I'm missing anything.

I'm not OC'ing, and I've tried iMac 19,1 and 18,3 with similar results.

Any advice would be appreciated, thx!

Last edited:
Hey all,
Well... I tried psedog's EFI folder and modded the config.plist accordingly and I still get nothing but the crossed circle... even trying to boot from the install USB.
First add -v to boot Verbose. This way you can see the error.
Also, disable the iGPU and try to boot that way.

Thanks for your great work Blouse. This is my 3rd Hackintosh and bar far the least painful! Only issue I had a first was USB audio interface wouldn't initialise and sleep would just boot loop. Both fixed by moving the interface to one of the USB sockets. And in 10.14 & 10.15 beta! Didn't need multibeast. Started from a fresh clover USB install and copied your settings over

Little issue I have is clover isn't using the lastbootedvolume or timeout values in the config.plist. Just always select the first entry and won't timeout. if anyone can solve that it will be perfect machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back