Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Build. I just upgraded mine to a Gigabyte Designare with i9-9900k. Everything works great. TB3 does not eject disks on sleep but I cant get hot-patch working. I have the patches installed but I'm not sure i have done it correctly. What am i missing in clover? Do i need to point to the SSDT? I am not well versed on ssdt patches at all.

I had to modify the fans on the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64. The fans would not run under Mojave even with the fan speed fix. I disconnected the fans from the card and hooked them to the motherboard with the CPU being the input. It is always cool now even under heavy rendering.

Ok so this Motherboard is the new baby!

Also I deciced to go with a cheaper i7-7900K and a cheaper Vega 56 (because the perfomance with 64 should be very similar, and also the 64 is not in stock :))
  • Asus TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI) Intel Z390
  • Intel Core i7-9700K
  • Corsair Hydro H75 2018
  • MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G
  • Crucial P1 CT1000P1SSD8 SSD - 1 TB
  • Corsair Vengeance LP (2 X 16 GB), DDR4, 3000 MHz, C15 XMP 2.0 (CMK32GX4M2B3000C15)

please give me some last hints

before i'll push the BUY NOW button! :headbang:

Thanks for looking @psedog. Regarding the kexts, I don't remember seeing EFICheck or RTCMem referenced in any of the guides, are they necessary? I don't need NoVPAJpeg (from what I can tell) quicklook and Preview work fine and have IGPU in headless mode.
I was wrong. I did need these.

RTCMem fixes the Memory Allocation error when I enable my iGPU. This isn't an issue for everyone as when they switch over to Windows they use Clover still. I switch over prior to and for whatever reason it gives me issues.

EFICheckDisabler is needed after I use RTCMem. Not sure why, but it hangs midway through boot if I don't add it.

@blouse
Maybe you could use these to get your second Vega64 working again. I'm attaching EFI Check Disabler as it isn't included in the Clover Configurator.

Attachments

• EFICheckDisabler.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 65
Could someone share their EFI folder?
I am going crazy trying to figure out WTH is going on with a friends Hack that he built based on this guide.
I have followed everything posted but at this point all I get is the crossed circle icon at boot.
If you can just remove the board serial from your config.plist it would really help with my sanity.
I really appreciate any help I can get!

Could someone share their EFI folder?
I am going crazy trying to figure out WTH is going on with a friends Hack that he built based on this guide.
I have followed everything posted but at this point all I get is the crossed circle icon at boot.
If you can just remove the board serial from your config.plist it would really help with my sanity.
I really appreciate any help I can get!
Mine is available in my thread.

Mine is available in my thread.
Thanks very much! I will try and load it on his machine tomorrow!

EDIT: Using the EFI folder that Blouse posted the other day, I was able to get installed and booted up. I've not taken the time to look at my older config.plist in comparison to see what I did wrong, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Hi folks, I'm having trouble with getting a "couldn't allocate runtime area' error upon boot attempt. I've followed Blouse's guide (thanks, BTW!) with a couple changes I'll note below. I've tried the following, but to no avail.

- Downgrade bios from F8 to F6
- Change system definition from iMac 19,1 to 18,3
- double checked to make sure that only OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is the only Aptio file installed in Drivers64UEFI
- pulled all but one stick of RAM.

One thing I noticed that that that clover config didn't like the SMUUID numbers given in the guide's instructions to set (what the guide says are in the GUI menu, but seem to be on the RT Variables instead), so I had Clover Configurator generate that, as well as serial #. How critical are the numbers as given in the guide, as opposed to just having them generated by Clover Configurator?

Thanks in advance!

My build:
- GA AorusPro Z390
- i9-9900k
- Vega64
-64 GB (4x16) Vengeance DDR4 3200
-Samsung 970 m.2 @ 1tb
- Corsair 860
- OSX 10.14.6
- Unibeast 9.2.0-6
- Clover r4988

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hi blouse,

Could you possibly share your most recent config.plist? The last one I found in the posts doesn't seem to tie in with the settings on the top post

Cheers

Sure thing. Attached.

Heya Blouse,

When trying to install Clover to the USB stick, I'm not seeing an option to "Customize" after I choose the drive to install to. Is there a step I'm missing? Thx!

Did you figure this out? It is a button that appears on the same screen where you are able to select "Change Install Location..."

I was wrong. I did need these.

RTCMem fixes the Memory Allocation error when I enable my iGPU. This isn't an issue for everyone as when they switch over to Windows they use Clover still. I switch over prior to and for whatever reason it gives me issues.

EFICheckDisabler is needed after I use RTCMem. Not sure why, but it hangs midway through boot if I don't add it.

@blouse
Maybe you could use these to get your second Vega64 working again. I'm attaching EFI Check Disabler as it isn't included in the Clover Configurator.

The issue I am having is pre-Clover during boot, it doesn't make it through BIOS because it thinks I want to run both cards at PCIe x8 as well as the GC Titan Ridge at x4, which is too many lanes, or something. If there was a way I could force the second card to run at x4, though, for x8(vega64) - x4(vega64) - x4(gc titan ridge).....

Attachments

• EFI_BLOUSE_20190730.zip
    29 MB · Views: 155
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I am getting this error on my new build every time I get to the macOS install screen and select my disk. I have formatted it in disk utility and tried a few different Methods but can not work out a workaround for this. Help would be much appreciated.

Should I Download 10.14.6 for the install if so where can I download the full download package from?

i9-9900K
Z390 Aorus Pro
Saphire Nitro Vega 64 8GB
Samsung 970 PRO SSD NVMe M.2 500gb
Corsair h100i
Ballistix 64gb DDR4 2400

View attachment 419421

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I am getting this error on my new build every time I get to the macOS install screen and select my disk. I have formatted it in disk utility and tried a few different Methods but can not work out a workaround for this. Help would be much appreciated.

Should I Download 10.14.6 for the install if so where can I download the full download package from?

i9-9900K
Z390 Aorus Pro
Saphire Nitro Vega 64 8GB
Samsung 970 PRO SSD NVMe M.2 500gb
Corsair h100i
Ballistix 64gb DDR4 2400

View attachment 419421

Attachment is not visible, try to reupload it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back