Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what you're talking about?
I just (as in right now) enabled it under Settings--> iCloud--> Find My Mac.
Then enable Location Services under Security & Privacy--> Privacy--> Location Sercices--> Click the selection box for Enable Location Services.

@blouse some services such as Apple Maps were not working with location services as I hit to find my current location button. Even so..., yesterday I rendered my machine useless, I'm still to know what I did wrong with the two M.2s installed on it. Regardless of that, I've been trying to put it back on to boot again with no success and I'm willing to go through the process of installing the macOS again. I would like to know from you what version of BIOS from the Aorus Pro you are using (is it still F6?) and if you could save your current profile and post it here. Either something is terrible wrong with mine or I am doing something wrong. I cannot even reach the installer! I was using BIOS version F9 when everything went sour...

Is this what you're talking about?
I just (as in right now) enabled it under Settings--> iCloud--> Find My Mac.
Then enable Location Services under Security & Privacy--> Privacy--> Location Sercices--> Click the selection box for Enable Location Services.

@psedog thank you very much for your response! My machine is currently "disabled"at this moment.. Post above. :banghead:

Having issues getting TB3 working with headless iGPU. It seems I can only get one or the other, otherwise the dreaded runtime error if I have iGPU Enabled w/ the GC Titan Ridge card plugged in.

Disable IGPU change your SM to iMac Pro, since with the 9900k your very close to the base iMac Pro.

Last edited:
@blouse some services such as Apple Maps were not working with location services as I hit to find my current location button. Even so..., yesterday I rendered my machine useless, I'm still to know what I did wrong with the two M2s installed on it. Regardless of that, I've been trying to put it back on to boot again with no success and I'm willing to go through the process of installing the Macos again. I would like to know from you what version of BIOS from the Aorus Pro you are using (is it still F6?) and if you could save your current profile and post it here. Either something is terrible wrong with mine or I am doing something wrong. I cannot even reach the installer! I was using BIOS version F9 when everything went sour...
I'm back on F9. I went back to F8b for a while, but F9 is working just as well now. I'm using both M.2 slots with a Samsung 970Evo and a Intel 660P.
-Are you using your Motherboard HDMI port?
-Check your BIOS settings. Very very important. I Can't tell you how many times my issues were there.
-In clover (when you boot) check to make sure your default config has actual information in it. I've had clover configurator completely blow out my settings file after I hit save. You always have to have a backup config in there as well as a boot USB stick. These are facts of life with a Hackintosh.

I'm back on F9. I went back to F8b for a while, but F9 is working just as well now. I'm using both M.2 slots with a Samsung 970Evo and a Intel 660P.
-Are you using your Motherboard HDMI port?
-Check your BIOS settings. Very very important. I Can't tell you how many times my issues were there.
-In clover (when you boot) check to make sure your default config has actual information in it. I've had clover configurator completely blow out my settings file after I hit save. You always have to have a backup config in there as well as a boot USB stick. These are facts of life with a Hackintosh.

@psedog I switched back BIOS version from F6 to F9. Regarding to it, I got:

- X.M.P.: set to Profile 1 (3200 MHz)
- CSM support: enabled
- port 60/64 (under USB settings): disabled
- Above 4G decoding: disabled

The remaining settings are exactly as the tutorial says.

I'm reaching the installer now, but it is taking forever to be there and there's no installation completion (stuck at some point)... Oh, and regarding your question, I'm using the display port on Vega 64... Clover retained customization (checked upon boot)...

I am formatting the disk (device) instead of container, I'm sure about it.

Many thanks for your support so far by the way...

@psedog I switched back BIOS version from F6 to F9. Regarding to it, I got:

- X.M.P.: set to Profile 1 (3200 MHz)
- CSM support: enabled
- port 60/64 (under USB settings): disabled
- Above 4G decoding: disabled

The remaining settings are exactly as the tutorial says.

I'm reaching the installer now, but it is taking forever to be there and there's no installation completion (stuck at some point)... Oh, and regarding your question, I'm using the display port on Vega 64... Clover retained customization (checked upon boot)...

I am formatting the disk (device) instead of container, I'm sure about it.

Many thanks for your support so far by the way...

...got the machine working again! "Sight"... Not without some major effort... Luckly I had a backup of its contents. Cheers!

GC Titan Ridge TB3 PCIe card + headless iGPU working on 10.14.5....

+ hot pluggable
+ only one warm boot into windows to activate the TB3 card (then hard boot into macOS is okay, card stays active)
+ sleep/wake, shutdown
+ hardware acceleration / headless iGPU

- only single internal Vega64 supported (not enough PCI lanes), however more GPUs can be attached externally via TB3 + eGPU enclosures

Pertinent BIOS settings:
Version F6 (F10 does not work with Above 4G Decoding)
Above 4G Decoding = Enabled
Internal Graphics = Enabled
DVMT settings = 32/128
Thunderbolt Security = Disabled
Thunderbolt Boot = Boot Once
*all other settings match the guide on post#1

EFI drivers:
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 instead of OsxAptioFix3
EmuVariable

SSDT:
SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml
SSDT-DTPG.aml
(Thanks @CaseySJ!)
*also included must be the SSDT from the guide on post#1 (or any SSDT that has HS11 enabled.. if that is where the GC TB3 card usb is plugged in)

Last edited:
where can I find

+ Add XHCI-unsupported.kext

Google is not super helpul
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back