Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have the rad fans in sys_fan5_pump and 6, and the pump into cpu_fan?

Also, does your machine have any issues waking from sleep or where the second monitor of you run one runs at 30hz instead of 60?
Pump into CPU Fan. Rad fans into the fan splitter that comes off of the pump. No issues from sleep whatsoever, and I constantly get 60Hz @ 4k. I do not use 2 monitors.

Pump into CPU Fan. Rad fans into the fan splitter that comes off of the pump. No issues from sleep whatsoever, and I constantly get 60Hz @ 4k. I do not use 2 monitors.

hmm, I didn't notice a splitter that comes off the pump. Do you have a Thermaltake Water 3.0 280 Riing CPU Cooler?

For sleep not working I am using the EFI posted by @blouse here:

Would you mind much posting your EFI folder? I really would like to get sleep working!

D'oh, I just saw your thread where you post it. Your EFI folder works wonders for me, it got all my USB ports working (THANK YOU for doing the USB map, you saved me a lot of time!) The only things I had to do to it were enable the headless iGPU and add the vegas 64 fix.

For some reason though, it still sleeps like the dead. When I put the machine to sleep the monitors go black and the rig keeps running for ~45 seconds, then reboots.

Hey @blouse, what BIOS version are you running? I have nearly the exact same setup (and everything works great, even got Thunderbolt working) but I can’t get the headless IGPU to work. Whenever I enable IGPU in the BIOS, it hangs during boot.

I’ve tried about everything I can figure to do, so wondering if it is a BIOS issue.

How did you get Thunderbolt working? I'm having a nightmare with my Alpine Ridge card and BIOS setting.

Thanks.

jaymonkey, I disagree with you. iMac14,2 is best SMBIOS for Haswell+GPU

@prashantloveguru143,

For Haswell hackingtosh systems with i7 4770K or 4790K CPU + AMD GPU iMac15,1 is the best match as real iMac15,1 uses i7 4790K + AMD GPU.

iMac 14,2 is a good choice for Haswell systems with Nvidia GPU as Real iMac 14,2 has Nvidia 7XX GPU.

@Tom012 has i7 4790K + AMD Vega 64 so iMac15,1 is the nearest and recommended matching SMBIOS. My White Knight hack (see specs in my sig) has the same CPU + GPU and iMac15,1 works perfectly and benchmarks a bit quicker than using 14,2 which i used previously when i had GTX 980 Ti installed.

You should always try and match SMBIOS 1st on nearest matching CPU and 2nd on GPU.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
D'oh, I just saw your thread where you post it. Your EFI folder works wonders for me, it got all my USB ports working (THANK YOU for doing the USB map, you saved me a lot of time!) The only things I had to do to it were enable the headless iGPU and add the vegas 64 fix.

For some reason though, it still sleeps like the dead. When I put the machine to sleep the monitors go black and the rig keeps running for ~45 seconds, then reboots.

My AIO is the NZXT Kraken x52. Try adding FixWAK in Clover Config. I don't necessarily remember what I did to get my sleep working 100%, but since that folder, i've made some pretty hefty changes in the way my EFI is set up. I will likely end up amending my build post to reflect this.

My AIO is the NZXT Kraken x52. Try adding FixWAK in Clover Config. I don't necessarily remember what I did to get my sleep working 100%, but since that folder, i've made some pretty hefty changes in the way my EFI is set up. I will likely end up amending my build post to reflect this.

For whatever reason sleep started working. I don't know what I did besides switch to your USB map file. I thought it was busted because my USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse stopped working, but I realized they had to be plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

The only problem I have left is that after around an hour of using the machine I have to reboot it because the fans run at 100%, even though CPU usage is at around 4% and temps are 33C. The only strange thing I notice in HWMonitor is that my vegas reports as 127C. Not sure if this is related. I already have VegaTab_64.kext loaded as well.

For whatever reason sleep started working. I don't know what I did besides switch to your USB map file. I thought it was busted because my USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse stopped working, but I realized they had to be plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

The only problem I have left is that after around an hour of using the machine I have to reboot it because the fans run at 100%, even though CPU usage is at around 4% and temps are 33C. The only strange thing I notice in HWMonitor is that my vegas reports as 127C. Not sure if this is related. I already have VegaTab_64.kext loaded as well.

Whoa. You could cook an egg on that Vega. I'm guessing it is directly related to your fans trying to lift off. That is something that I, unfortunately, can't help with. I know nothing about either Vega on Hackintosh, as I only have an RX 580. Hopefully someone here will have some insight.

Edit: You can refer to this post for a potential solution.

Whoa. You could cook an egg on that Vega. I'm guessing it is directly related to your fans trying to lift off. That is something that I, unfortunately, can't help with. I know nothing about either Vega on Hackintosh, as I only have an RX 580. Hopefully someone here will have some insight.

Edit: You can refer to this post for a potential solution.

I think the actual temperature of my vegas is around 35C as well:

$ ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'
"Fan Speed(%)"=49
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2402
"Temperature(C)"=34

maybe I should set the idle fan speed to something lower? To be honest I don't even know if its the GPU fan that's the loud one, or the CPU fans. I don't know how I can check the fan speed of the CPU fans within MacOS. HWMonitor doesn't list them

I think the actual temperature of my vegas is around 35C as well:

$ ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'
"Fan Speed(%)"=49
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2402
"Temperature(C)"=34

maybe I should set the idle fan speed to something lower? To be honest I don't even know if its the GPU fan that's the loud one, or the CPU fans. I don't know how I can check the fan speed of the CPU fans within MacOS. HWMonitor doesn't list them

My 580's fans don't spin up until around 45c, maybe a cool 10% will do the trick? Are your CPU fans plugged into your AIO splitter, or directly into the Mobo? If it's on the mobo, you can try lowering the fan curves or check where the curve should be based on CPU temp. That may help narrow down the lawnmower. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back