Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck on line 2d. Install Clover on USB
EB2F2924-2CF0-4B67-9867-C174D6622C45.jpeg

Hello all , I am trying to replicate this build. Do you think that it makes any difference whether it is G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 or 2x32GB?

Thanks all

Is anyone using the USB 3.1 Type C internal header to their case ????? does it work as full bandwidth or reduced bandwidth.

Hello all , I am trying to replicate this build. Do you think that it makes any difference whether it is G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 or 2x32GB?

Thanks all
What plateform are you use? Intel dual or quad channel? On dual channel with 9th Intel series 16Go modules has a better stability

Last edited:
Anyone who updated the system to OpenCore and BigSur until now? Any Ideas or things to be care for?
Yes I have just completed my change from Clover to OpenCore just now. All ok and running nicely.

I followed this guide carefully and installed OC to a USB stick and eventually booted from it. When all was running well I replaced the Clover EFI folder on my startup SSD with the OC EFI from the USB. Only then when Catalina was booting internally with OC did I do the Big Sur update which went fine.

Choose the guide section and components for installing OC on Coffee Lake and Z390

I try to connect a UAD device to my Z390 Aorus Pro. I follow the page 1 tutorial but I have not activated TB3 with windows. I try to use the USB-C connector on the motherboard, with a Thunderbolt 2 -> Thunderbolt 3 adapter but the device is not seen.
I have an error : Cannot use Thunderbolt accessory, thunderbolt accessories are not supported on this mac

Yes I have just completed my change from Clover to OpenCore just now. All ok and running nicely.

I followed this guide carefully and installed OC to a USB stick and eventually booted from it. When all was running well I replaced the Clover EFI folder on my startup SSD with the OC EFI from the USB. Only then when Catalina was booting internally with OC did I do the Big Sur update which went fine.

Choose the guide section and components for installing OC on Coffee Lake and Z390

I have the same MB as you have and I also plan to go to OC. Could you share your EFI folder?

The USB-C port on the back of the AORUS PRO is not a Thunderbolt 3 port. It's strictly a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port. And he's using a Titan Ridge, not Alpine Ridge... I don't believe Alpine Ridge is supported on the Z390 MB (at least, not according to Gigabyte's compatibility chart for Alpine Ridge.
I have the Alpine Ridge detected and working in Windows, yet it's not happening for Mojave. Just thought I'd mention the Z390 working at least on Windows with Alpine Ridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back