Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question :)

What version of BIOS are you running?
bios.jpg

F12d but I notice there are new beta BIOS (F12h) from Gigabyte uploaded June 2nd. Might have the cfg-lock disabled by default in these?
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

I simply can not get my Aorus Pro to boot reliably without OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Was hoping that someone might be able to help me out with this?

I've made a new thread where I give some more detail:

Not sure if it's better to ask with a new thread or within this one :)

Thanks!
Here are my drivers. I'm no longer using AptioFix and haven't been for a very long time. It was very difficult to remove my dependency on that driver, but finally got it all working sometime last year.

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 12.44.09 PM.png

Hi @blouse thanks for sharing your guide and SSDTs!

I'm just wondering, since you disabled the internal USB ports (F_USB1, F_USB2), how are you supplying USB to the Titan Ridge?

Thanks!

Here are my drivers. I'm no longer using AptioFix and haven't been for a very long time. It was very difficult to remove my dependency on that driver, but finally got it all working sometime last year.

View attachment 474412

I've been going through your thread, and have downloaded your Clover EFI to see how you pulled that off, but it's not clear to me how you did it? How are you circumventing the need for it?

View attachment 474412

Is it because you're using EmuVariableUefi.efi?

I've been going through your thread, and have downloaded your Clover EFI to see how you pulled that off, but it's not clear to me how you did it? How are you circumventing the need for it?
I went back and forth with using it and not using it for a long long time. I thought I had posted in one of my two threads. I can't find it now.

I think these two made it work right.
Emuvariableuefi-64.efi and slide=0

Not 100% sure at the moment and I'm not in a position to get to my hackintosh either.

I simply can not get my Aorus Pro to boot reliably without OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Was hoping that someone might be able to help me out with this?

I've made a new thread where I give some more detail:

Not sure if it's better to ask with a new thread or within this one :)

Thanks!

I got my system stable with this thread:

I'm pretty sure F12d was a critical part of that, BTW. What BIOS version you using?

I got my system stable with this thread:

I'm pretty sure F12d was a critical part of that, BTW. What BIOS version you using?
I'll give it a shot!

View attachment 474395

F12d but I notice there are new beta BIOS (F12h) from Gigabyte uploaded June 2nd. Might have the cfg-lock disabled by default in these?
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

You might remember that I had said I was using bits of your EFI. Last night I realized that my computer wasn't seeing any of its USB 3 ports. I had to remove USBPorts.kext and replace it with USBInjectAll to get them going. Apparently this is the way to go? Use the SSDTs and USBInjectAll? That's what CaseySJ seems to be doing with his Designare EFI.

On my previous Mojave install the only way I could get the ports to work was by using a USBPorts.kext AND the SSDTs... but this time it seems different with Catalina.

Maybe there's something else I'm doing wrong... but it seems to be working fine. I wouldn't be bringing it up if I wasn't using your EFI. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back