Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @blouse, what BIOS version are you running? I have nearly the exact same setup (and everything works great, even got Thunderbolt working) but I can’t get the headless IGPU to work. Whenever I enable IGPU in the BIOS, it hangs during boot.

I’ve tried about everything I can figure to do, so wondering if it is a BIOS issue.

Hey @blouse, what BIOS version are you running? I have nearly the exact same setup (and everything works great, even got Thunderbolt working) but I can’t get the headless IGPU to work. Whenever I enable IGPU in the BIOS, it hangs during boot.

I’ve tried about everything I can figure to do, so wondering if it is a BIOS issue.

Make sure you aren't allocating too much memory for it. macOS does not like too much allocation.

• Vt-d → Disabled
  • Internal Graphics → Enabled
  • DVMT Pre-Alloc → 64M
  • DVMT Total Gfx Mem → 256M
  • Audio Controller → Enabled
  • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled

Thanks @MESwan. Sadly I've tried those exact BIOS settings, and the issue persists. What version of BIOS are you on?

Interesting. I'll try going up to that. I'm on F8 right now.

blouse's "Hack Pro (Late 2018)" build:
Core i9-9900k - Z390 Aorus Pro - 64GB RAM - 2x Sapphire Vega 64
Do you have your rad fans plugged into CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT, and your pump into SYS_FAN5_PUMP? I’m not fully sure where to connect the pump and fans, too, for optimal power delivery and safety. This is an excellent case by the way, especially for the price— you did a great job selecting these components!

Last edited:
Do you have your rad fans plugged into CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT, and your pump into SYS_FAN5_PUMP? I’m not fully sure where to connect the pump and fans, too, for optimal power delivery and safety. This is an excellent case by the way, especially for the price— you did a great job selecting these components!

I can't speak for blouse, but I, personally, have my pump plugged into CPU_FAN, and the rad fans into the pump splitter in the back. The additional case fans on other fan headers. My Krakenx52's base profile is quite good, so the default curves serve me well in macOS, even overclocked to 5.1GHz on all 8 cores. If you want more control, the RAD fans can be plugged into additional headers on the Mobo, giving you better curves set in BIOS. My Kraken ignores BIOS fan curves completely, so I am grateful the default curves work well in macOS. I suspect this has something to do with macOS utilizing the PStates of the 9900k much better than Windows does.

I can't speak for blouse, but I, personally, have my pump plugged into CPU_FAN, and the rad fans into the pump splitter in the back. The additional case fans on other fan headers. My Krakenx52's base profile is quite good, so the default curves serve me well in macOS, even overclocked to 5.1GHz on all 8 cores. If you want more control, the RAD fans can be plugged into additional headers on the Mobo, giving you better curves set in BIOS. My Kraken ignores BIOS fan curves completely, so I am grateful the default curves work well in macOS. I suspect this has something to do with macOS utilizing the PStates of the 9900k much better than Windows does.

So you have the rad fans in sys_fan5_pump and 6, and the pump into cpu_fan?

Also, does your machine have any issues waking from sleep or where the second monitor of you run one runs at 30hz instead of 60?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back