Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey @blouse, I'm actually building almost exactly same config as you are, the only difference is a single Vega 64 and Native mac Wifi / BT card module, could you share your latest config & efi data?

Considering that MultiBeast is out for Mojave now, I'm assuming you don't have to throw Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext into the UniBeast EIF USB anymore... is this correct?

For the life of me I cannot find that article now, but Bluetooth and wifi are working without issue.
I had that written in my thread as well. You had to add "uia_exclude=HS14" to your Clover boot flags. This tell macOS to ignore that USB port that the Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card is connected to.

Can you share your config file after you adjust your igpu
hey @blouse, I'm actually building almost exactly same config as you are, the only difference is a single Vega 64 and Native mac Wifi / BT card module, could you share your latest config & efi data?

Latest config and EFI attached. It works with either one or two Vega 64's.

Note: I still haven't configured USB ports (which means my front panel ones are non functioning ATM), and sleep / restart doesn't work for me currently.. Probably interrelated.

I have been away for a minute, so now I'm going back to try to fix up USB. Thanks everyone for the great contributions to this thread. Happy to see that people are getting WiFi + BT working with their Pro Wifi mobo's.

Other than that everything appears to be working very well for me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 193
  • EFI_20180118.zip
    19 MB · Views: 177
Hello, i've been following this thread for a while. I have a similar build with 1 Vega 64, and with all the info discussed here, it was pretty easy to run my hack. I'm currently running the CPU stock with MCE set to Auto in Bios.

However i have a few issues and i was wondering if you've encountered them.
1) Currently, I'm using the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS, and today I've noticed the H.264 exporting does not work in FCPX. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix for that (without changing the SMBIOS)? HEVC 8-bit works pretty fast, I think. iGPU is enabled and seems to work fine in headless mode. MacX Video converter show Hardware Acceleration: Yes, 170fps score in Cinebench.
2) I've tried with iMac18,3 SMBIOS, and the H.264 exporting works. But I noticed there is a problem with CPU speed stepping. Intel Power Gadget show frequency around 4.9GHz and stays around that frequency. On MacMini8,1 it fluctuates a lot depending on running tasks. Any fix for this one? EDIT: power management works fine after sleep!!!
3) I encounter random freezes when I stay away the PC for a few minutes or, sometimes, when I manually turn off the monitor and then i turn it back on. It may be related to app nap or something. Sleep works fine though. Any thoughts on this one?
4) This is no big deal.I have an Ultrawide 3840x1600 monitor and BIOS/Clover/Apple boot logo image is stretched. CSM is disabled, Windows 8/10 with/without WHQL, Clover GUI resolution didn't fix it. I'm using DisplayPort for the monitor, and my TV is connected to HDMI. May it be related to Display ort? Other solutions i could try?

Looking forward to your answers. And thanks for all the info you've provided so far. You rock!

Last edited:
Hello, i've been following this thread for a while. I have a similar build with 1 Vega 64, and with all the info discussed here, it was pretty easy to run my hack. I'm currently running the CPU stock with MCE set to Auto in Bios.

However i have a few issues and i was wondering if you've encountered them.
1) Currently, I'm using the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS, and today I've noticed the H.264 exporting does not work in FCPX. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix for that (without changing the SMBIOS)? HEVC 8-bit works pretty fast, I think. iGPU is enabled and seems to work fine in headless mode. MacX Video converter show Hardware Acceleration: Yes, 170fps score in Cinebench.
2) I've tried with iMac18,3 SMBIOS, and the H.264 exporting works. But I noticed there is a problem with CPU speed stepping. Intel Power Gadget show frequency around 4.9GHz and stays around that frequency. On MacMini8,1 it fluctuates a lot depending on running tasks. Any fix for this one? EDIT: power management works fine after sleep!!!
3) I encounter random freezes when I stay away the PC for a few minutes or, sometimes, when I manually turn off the monitor and then i turn it back on. It may be related to app nap or something. Sleep works fine though. Any thoughts on this one?
4) This is no big deal.I have an Ultrawide 3840x1600 monitor and BIOS/Clover/Apple boot logo image is stretched. CSM is disabled, Windows 8/10 with/without WHQL, Clover GUI resolution didn't fix it. I'm using DisplayPort for the monitor, and my TV is connected to HDMI. May it be related to Display ort? Other solutions i could try?

Looking forward to your answers. And thanks for all the info you've provided so far. You rock!

I've run into the H.264 export issue like you. The workaround I've found for this is to export in Apple Prores 422, and then take the file into handbrake and then export as H.264. For some reason, this works fine so i think it's a FCPX issue.

Has anyone updated to 10.14.3 yet and did you encounter any issues?

Hi. question.
I can foot successfully using flash drive, but if I use exactly the same EFI folder to food from m.2 ssd, I get "could not allocate" error. Why's that?

Has anyone updated to 10.14.3 yet and did you encounter any issues?
Well to answer my own. I updated. Now seeing rendering performance issues under 10.14.3. Any thoughts or insights.

Well to answer my own. I updated. Now seeing rendering performance issues under 10.14.3. Any thoughts or insights.

Is it a slower geekbench or something specific ? I upgraded and it seems fine but I don't use FCP although I downloaded the trial and it seems to work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back