Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@boogieman77 sorry, I don't use FCPX. However Cinema 4D is taking full advantage of the dual Vega's with prorender. I would imagine that FCPX would see two cards, yes.
Just to be sure since I already have one. I’ll just plug in the second one and power it and done. Correct.

Edit: Second Vega 64 will be here today. Also some faster memory.

Last edited:
@boogieman77 sorry, I don't use FCPX. However Cinema 4D is taking full advantage of the dual Vega's with prorender. I would imagine that FCPX would see two cards, yes.

Just to be sure since I already have one. I’ll just plug in the second one and power it and done. Correct.

Edit: Second Vega 64 will be here today. Also some faster memory.

Hey blouse and boogieman77,
I m also a heavy FCPX user, and i wanna built new system like you, before that i just want to know whether Quick sync is working on ur machine or not ....
To check that you have to install app "MacX Video Converter pro" .
then open and screen should look like this.
Plz reply.

Attachments

• 12 copy.jpg
    12 copy.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I m also a heavy FCPX user, and i wanna built new system like you, before that i just want to know whether Quick sync is working on ur machine or not ....
Plz reply.
I will check this evening. I have the second Vega to install and new memory. I’m pretty sure it’s working because FCPX is blistering stuff I throw at it. I know I had to make the Intel headless first.

Plz reply.

Hello @prashantloveguru143, here are the results. It was not working with MacMini8,1, so back to iMac18,3 SMBIOS it is for now. I hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 3.04.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 3.09.10 PM.png

I'm not showing anything in GPU..... Mind sharing your EFI one last time so that I may compare..... The dual Vegas are slower than single as of right now in FCPX.

Current EFI attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19 MB · Views: 235
I also just addressed some lag in the UI... I patched for 2048MB VRAM and plugged each of my dual monitors into each of the Vega64's. Everything feeling "buttery". The 2048MB VRAM patch did seem to help quite a bit, especially browsing in Chrome.

I also just addressed some lag in the UI... I patched for 2048MB VRAM and plugged each of my dual monitors into each of the Vega64's. Everything feeling "buttery". The 2048MB VRAM patch did seem to help quite a bit, especially browsing in Chrome.

Got that fixed but lost all USB ports on the back except the top 4 that are USB 2.0. Trying to find in Clover where that limit is...... OR the the one file in ACPI that is limiting them.. I went through all the files looking for the map. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

BTW, FCPX is blistering now with the dual Vegas and headless iGPU...

Last edited:
Fantastic !!! In Luxmark, run the Hotel scene. I have also enabled the integrated graphics of my i7-6700K along with a GTX 970, and I earned some points in High Sierra. With Brice X how many points did you do? ... Full video of effects on Final Cut Pro X (xml format).
Bruce X? If so average of three runs is 7.25-8.79 seconds. Here is the Luxmark you requested also. Is this a good number? I don't use it so don't know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.28.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.28.26 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 105
@blouse
Mine is showing Hardware Encoding Supported, but no graphics card... Why wouldn't it show up? I've even tried booting off of your EFI folder, no change. System report shows Metal support. That's all I was looking for before.

Edit: I force enabled the internal graphics in Bios (Auto before). Now Intel HD Graphics CFL shows up under hardware.
Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 11.20.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 2.00.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back