Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, nice build!! Could you please let me know what is the difference between 1 or 2 Vega 64 cards? Does it take advantage of having two? In everything or just with certain things?
Thanks and greetings!

I don't have the mobo yet but I've ordered it, and its on its way (along with the GTX 1080 Ti that I may send back). This is what it says regarding the PCI
  1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
    * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
  2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
    * The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
  3. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
    * The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_2 and PCIEX1_3 slots. When the PCIEX1_2 or PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x1 mode.
  4. 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
    (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
So guessing it wouldn't be great having 2 Vega 64s as they would share the PCI? Sorry about this its my first build. Thanks again.
2 card will be fine. GPU’s dont use enough bandwidth to saturate the slots.

Oh, nice build!! Could you please let me know what is the difference between 1 or 2 Vega 64 cards? Does it take advantage of having two? In everything or just with certain things?
Thanks and greetings!

When doing GPU rendering in Cinema4D-ProRender, yes. It uses both.

Oh very nice!! It is the double of performance, or just a little bit better? (in percentage?, do you have numbers?)
What about Houdini or Maya, have you tried?

Hello @blouse,
Is that possible you post Geekbench @5GHz OC please?
Édit: Sorry i red you already have oc to 5ghz :)

But what did you do like settings in the bios?

Thank you

Last edited:
Very nice build! I have parts for similar (but a little slower/cheaper ;) ) system sitting here that I'm about to get started with. I was just hoping for some video card input, as I actually have three Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64's (same as this build) sitting here. Don't ask. :)

Basically I want to hook up 4 monitors to the system -- two are 4K and two are 1080p. Assuming all four DisplayPorts work on the Vegas (do they?), do you think one card could drive 4 displays like that with nice smooth desktop performance? Or do you think I would be pushing it and would need to split it up among two. I like it buttery smooth....

It sounds like you're using the GPU horsepower for rendering, which I wouldn't be, but I was hoping you might have some feeling. Obviously I can just "try it", but was hoping to start with a best guess to save some time and re-cabling the power supply, etc. :) If I can get away with one, then I can put the other two in different machines here which are stuck in High Sierra due to Nvidia drivers.

Anyway, thanks for any input and congrats on that beast...

I finally got my system together, same specs save for the cooler, case and 2nd video card. Having the worst time getting mac os to install. no success with any methods.

Where are you getting caught up?

I decided to do a clean install for some reason and now can't get through the installer. It seems like I am having vastly different results depending on which usb drive I use. I get about 80% through the initial copy from the USB drive and then it reboots before finishing. When I continue installation on the main HD, it reboots instantly. Very frustrating

blouse - I've got almost same spec like yours (2xRX580 in my case) and following your thread I've got almost perfect working system. (no sound - but I'm using external DAC, not all USB port works properly - will try to setup them correctly over weekend), sleep/restart/shutdown work perfect. Thanks.

Try to install from back USB 2.0 port, front ports doesn't work properly without additional work. I've had one unnecessary reboot during installation but on second try it went smoothly. I got a permanent allocated relocation error but a after checking "slide=0" in Clover Configurator problem gone.

Last edited:
blouse - I've got almost same spec like yours (2xRX580 in my case) and following your thread I've got almost perfect working system. (no sound - but I'm using external DAC, not all USB port works properly - will try to setup them correctly over weekend), sleep/restart/shutdown work perfect. Thanks.

Try to install from back USB 2.0 port, front ports doesn't work properly without additional work. I've had one unnecessary reboot during installation but on second try it went smoothly. I got a permanent allocated relocation error but a after checking "slide=0" in Clover Configurator problem gone.

Good to know, thanks. I'll give that a shot. I noticed that on one of my usb drives, having CsrAcrtiveConfig set to 0x67 was keeping the installer from loading. Set to the defaul 0x3 it works.

I'll let you know how slide=0 goes. Also were your gphx cards removed during installation?

Congrats on your build!

Alright so really what the problem seems to be is I am getting a restart immediately after it boots up for the first time on the SSD (mid macOS install). Can't seem to figure out what is causing it to restart. Anyway this immediately flashes after. It did not do this the first time I installed. This is immediately after I get the install screen showing 13 minutes remaining

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_131011.jpg
    IMG_20181205_131011.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back