Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @blouse,

I am building a machine almost identical to yours.

I'm just wondering if you managed to get thunderbolt working in the end? My usb 3.1 appears to be working fine but wondering how to get the thunderbolt to work?

Many thanks,

Alex

Everything works well, but I have only one Problem left, my GPU Fan is much more noisy in idle then on windows.
And HWMonitor says GPU is at 127°C.

I have Vega 64 reference edition from Saphire 8GB.

Seems to be a common problem which is not talked often about? oO

Everything works well, but I have only one Problem left, my GPU Fan is much more noisy in idle then on windows.
And HWMonitor says GPU is at 127°C.

I have Vega 64 reference edition from Saphire 8GB.

Seems to be a common problem which is not talked often about? oO
Have you tried VegaTab_64.kext as per Blouses's post1:

Prepare VegaTab_64.kext for AMD Vega GPU fan speed fix
2a. Download and extract VGTab_en.zip from @pastrychef's build thread
2b. Open VGTab-en app
2c. Select Vega 64 (if this page comes up blank try reloading the app)
2d. Target Speed : 4900
2e. Target Temperator : 55
* You can adjust all of these settings to your liking later, but this is what pastrychef recommended and it's what I use.
2f. Select Generate Control Information (this will output VegaTab_64.kext to your desktop)

I installed Mojave 10.14.3, fresh install, on my first hackintosh inspirited by this tread.
Installation worked fine. After first booting, I tried to complete the post installation and copied as first the EFI from USB to the EFI Partition on SSD like described in this tread. The system is booting normally when I boot from EFI USB. But, when I try to boot from EFI SSD, it stocks on black screen with working cursor. I found already similar problems on the forum, but nothing helped.

Hope for solution here. Thank you in advance

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Intel Core i9 9900K
8GB Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+
32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 234
I would follow this guide to fix the EFI on your startup and use Multibeast -the guide also has a solution for the vega fans which has worked great for me

Thank you. I will try.

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou to @blouse for the inspiration for the build, his EFI and this guide. @DenOfLore for the appleAlC and other advise, @psedog for help and the USB 3.0 mapping. @pastrychef for the 10GBe and other queries.

I now have a fully working system which is immense. 6sec BruceX score and circa 60000 luxball score. Ripping up Davinci and FCPX.

Everything appear to be working fine, all USB 3.0/USB-C ports, Bluetooth dongle, iGPU, 10Gbe, 1Gbe, Audio. (No WiFi but don't need it- may buy a card at a later date)

A couple of small questions if you don't mind-

iGPU - my 9900k shows Intel UHD CPL rather than the 630 in Hackintool now with 1500mb. Is this correct? The terminal command test VDAdecoderchecker works fine and says iGPU is all working correctly although h.264 doesn't register in videoproc. Although it does say h.265 is working correctly.

Still no shutdown/reboot. tried the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi 2000 version from @psedog build with no success. Hack just wont boot- Stop symbol where apple have should be after Clover. This doesn't really bother me tbh as the hack will always be on.

Next steps- the overclock to 5ghz. Any guidance on this would be great. RAM currently all works at max 3200 with XMP profile 1. Is it worth flasing my BIOS with latest firmware? Or will I not see any difference?

Thankyou all so much. It's a been a headmelting week but all worth it now.

Last edited:
Still no shutdown/reboot. tried the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi 2000 version from @psedog build with no success. Hack just wont boot- Stop symbol where apple have should be after Clover. This doesn't really bother me tbh as the hack will always be on.

... 1. Is it worth flasing my BIOS with latest firmware? Or will I not see any difference?
Did you remove AptioMemoryFix.efi? Also you need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Yes, flash your bios to the latest. It won't affect your build. If anything it'll help make it more reliable. I'm running the latest without issues.

Could somebody upload SSDT for Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

@blouse - I also just built out a Z390 auros pro wifi with i9 and 32gb. 970 EVO m2. Single Radeon Sapphire Pulse.

I've got one odd issue that I can reliably produce. My system freezes during large/bulk IO operations. Example. If I copy 30gb or so worth of files from a USB disk to my 970 EVO, my system will just crash part way through. No panic message or anything (I've got verbose on).

Crash also happens any time I try to do a full backup to another SSD. It typically wipes out at around 5 or 6 gigs worth of activity.

Otherwise, I can work on the system for hours on end without any issues at all. It just doesn't like big IO operations.

I tried disabling XMP. No difference.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back