Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, thanks for the info, that's pretty encouraging. If you don't mind me asking - do you have your EFI or a listing of the drivers/kexts/clover settings that you used for your build? Contemplating trying a Z390 system out with the same board, but the diversity of settings that people use in terms of things like memory fixes is something I'm trying to work through. Having iMessage working is priority, so thanks for confirming it's working for you!

I've been following the posts in this thread, except for the SSDT by @MESwan (no time yet, will do this soon). Note that I installed macOS Mojave, not High Sierra, and my Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ works out of the box.

The drivers64UEFI folder contains:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi
  • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • VBoxHfs-64.efi
The kexts are:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • VegaTab_64.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
I also attached my config.plist file. Hope this helps.

If you have the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Trackpad I can highly recommend the Fenvi FV-T919. Mine arrived yesterday (ordered it from AliExpress, took about two weeks) and it works flawlessly. Once the Keyboard is connected in macOS it even works in the BIOS and Clover screen.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 181
Great thanks. According which guide you set your bios?

I mostly followed @blouse 's guide, but also disabled Enhanced Multi-Core Performance end enabled the Extreme Memory Profile 1 (X.M.P.). I also enabled the Internal Graphics (to get the iGPU support, on Auto it would not show up) and Above 4G Decoding, although I don't know if the latter is of any use.

Again, more free time needed for an attempt to bring all 8 cores to 5 GHz. I did a quick test with Vcore auto-voltage, but they were a bit too high for my taste. At least the CPU and cooler (Dark Rock Pro 4) had no issues and plowed through Cinebench with 5GHz on all cores :D

Still blown away by this. I hope to someday understand each of the steps you took in order to get this to work.

Thanks again by the way.
What are the exact steps you used to get Audio working?
I must me overlooking something or doing something incorrect... thanks, barry

Last edited:
@flav0ur Hey man, I've got the same mobo/CPU/GPU as yours, and I'm not successful at previewing jpg and h264 on 10.14. Would you share your EFI folder so I can check what's wrong with mine ?

@Petaire,

If you using desktop class CPU (with embedded IGPU) then use imac18,3 SMBIOS and enable IGPU in BIOS set dGPU as Primary and configure IGPU as headless using WhatEverGreen, see this guide for more info :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

For desktop class CPU's when using preview, MacOS will attempt to use Intel QuickSync which is dedicated HW feature of the IGPU. Additionally MacOS will load balance openGL & metal API's between dGPU & IGPU .. in both instances if IGPU is not enabled and configured correctly it will fall back to software encode/decode for some tasks.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
What voltage would your cpu take for all core 5ghz?

IIRC the voltage went up to about 1.4V with the BIOS set to auto voltage. From what I'm reading online 1.3V and a few 0.01V steps above should be enough. I'll definitely investigate further when I have more time.

Attached. :)

I simply excluded unused ports.

Thank you! I copied the file to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and added the USBInjectAll.kext – is there anything else that needs to be done?

@flav0ur Hey man, I've got the same mobo/CPU/GPU as yours, and I'm not successful at previewing jpg and h264 on 10.14. Would you share your EFI folder so I can check what's wrong with mine ?

@Petaire,

If you using desktop class CPU (with embedded IGPU) then use imac18,3 SMBIOS and enable IGPU in BIOS set dGPU as Primary and configure IGPU as headless using WhatEverGreen, see this guide for more info :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

For desktop class CPU's when using preview, MacOS will attempt to use Intel QuickSync which is dedicated HW feature of the IGPU. Additionally MacOS will load balance openGL & metal API's between dGPU & IGPU .. in both instances if IGPU is not enabled and configured correctly it will fall back to software encode/decode for some tasks.

Cheers
Jay

Yeah exactly, you can follow the guide and read more on that on a previous page in this thread.

Here are the kexts and drivers that I use (config.plist is attached as well):

Screenshot%202018-12-21%20at%2018.00.20.png

I still have to map out the USB ports to be able to remove the USB limit extender and I also still wait for my GA-Titan Ridge to arrive so I can finally try to get the LG 5K to work as well.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 169
Attached. :)

I simply excluded unused ports.
HS01 is used for the front USB3 Type C.

Also, how are you getting your 3.0 ports to work without specifying SS01-SS10?

I just got all of my ports working the way I want. I had to disable 2.0 on all my rear 3.0 ports in order to keep it within the Apple 15 port limit.

Link to my post to get 3.0 working #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back