Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @franc01s, it was only to make room for the GC Titan Ridge add in card. Without this card, I would still be running two.

I still have not found a way to run it in a configuration that allows for enough PCI lanes given the circuitry of the motherboard to run both cards + the GC Titan Ridge. For me this is not a big deal. However I wanted TB3 more than I wanted dual internal GPU. Since most of my multiple GPU use is computational anyway, the TB3 bus is an ideal choice.

Hope that answers your question. You can still run two, with no Titan Ridge card using the same exact configuration in the guide.

Also if anyone knows how I can force my second internal GPU to 4x with this motherboard (run it 8x4x4 across the 3 PCI 16x slots), I'm dying to know :)

I haven't been able to compare the two unfortunately, as I don't currently own an eGPU enclosure... yet at least :)

I have a better idea. Send me the extra 64 ;)

I have a somewhat similar mini-ITX version of this build (see left). One graphics card only.
I've posted some data on this build here.

I'm running Gigabyte BIOS (UEFI) version F5, Mojave 10.14.5 (build 18F132), Lilu.kext 1.3.6, AppleALC.kext 1.3.8. No WhateverGreen.kext. SMBIOS iMac 18,3, a USB SSDT extracted from the System's DSDT, PikeR.alpha's black screen kernel patch, boot argument "slide=0," EmuVariableUEFI..efi, AptioMemoryfix-64.EFI. Compressed EFI folder is attached below.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 98
Hi, people!!!!
I'm almost crazy!
I got to install High Sierra with this motherboard, i9-9900K + 32 Gb Patriot Viper 2133 + 1070ti.
After some months all my hard drives got crazy and went out to vacations, I think...
My Gigabyte Aorus Z-390 Elite has a "nice" bug in Dual Bios that simply forget all HD's.
And after this, we have no system!
I'm trying to reinstall Mojave with Radeon VII, but when I got open Mojave Installation, there's no HD to install...
They appears but don't stay available to be used!
Until some days ago the SSD and HD sometimes can be found.
I wanna kill the engineer that had this idea of dual bios!
Does someone knows a way to fix it?

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 18.54.30.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-20 at 18.54.30.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-20 at 18.54.44.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-20 at 18.54.50.jpg

@AndrezinhoCosta
Can you please give us your EFI to analyze?

Or if you do not want that, can you give some tips, how to install High Sierra on CL with i9-9900K ?

Last edited:
@AndrezinhoCosta did you recently update the BIOS? Recently as I was trying a few different BIOS versions, this happened to me. The fix is outlined here (in the third post):

Perhaps this will be helpful. I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back