Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jay! I followed the guide and tried all of the layout id's available, unfortunately no dice yet. Would ResetHDA not being enabled keep it from working properly? Thanks again!

@blouse,

I generally always enable (set to true) ResetHDA and AFGLowPowerState ... it can't hurt and is generally recommended ... i haven't ever seen an instance where enabling these two options has stopped HDA from working.

If you have checked that AppleALC is loading by presence of "alc-layout-id" in the HDEF ioreg tree and it is inheriting the value you set the Device Property "layout-id" to, and you've tried all supported layouts (1,2,5,7,11,13) then you'll need a customised layout for your codec.

First step is to make a consolidated codec dump ...

Follow step 1 of this guide :-

https://www.root86.com/blog/40/entry-51-guide-anleitung-patch-applehda/

Once you have a codec dump you could have a go at creating a new layout yourself by following the rest of that guide and apply it to AppleALC .... but be warned it's a pretty steep learning curve, your other option is to post on the Official AppleALC help thread and ask for help .. just explain that you've tried all current layouts for ALC1220 and none work for your motherboard attach your codec dump as a zip file .... the guys there are pretty quick at responding to requests for help on new codec layouts.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

blouse's "Hack Pro (Late 2018)" build:
Core i9-9900k - Z390 Aorus Pro - 64GB RAM - 2x Sapphire Vega 64
Hi,
Although not Aorus Pro, I am building with Aorus Master.
What drivers for drivers64 UEFI put in?
Using AptioMemoryFix - 64.efi causes problems with shutdown.

Hi,
Although not Aorus Pro, I am building with Aorus Master.
What drivers for drivers64 UEFI put in?
Using AptioMemoryFix - 64.efi causes problems with shutdown.

I am using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

Are you sure that your BIOS settings are correct?

@blouse,

I generally always enable (set to true) ResetHDA and AFGLowPowerState ... it can't hurt and is generally recommended ... i haven't ever seen an instance where enabling these two options has stopped HDA from working.

If you have checked that AppleALC is loading by presence of "alc-layout-id" in the HDEF ioreg tree and it is inheriting the value you set the Device Property "layout-id" to, and you've tried all supported layouts (1,2,5,7,11,13) then you'll need a customised layout for your codec.

First step is to make a consolidated codec dump ...

Follow step 1 of this guide :-

https://www.root86.com/blog/40/entry-51-guide-anleitung-patch-applehda/

Once you have a codec dump you could have a go at creating a new layout yourself by following the rest of that guide and apply it to AppleALC .... but be warned it's a pretty steep learning curve, your other option is to post on the Official AppleALC help thread and ask for help .. just explain that you've tried all current layouts for ALC1220 and none work for your motherboard attach your codec dump as a zip file .... the guys there are pretty quick at responding to requests for help on new codec layouts.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thank you. Looks like I'll be needing a customized layout, then. So the layout number being wrong can prevent the system from showing an audio device in sys prefs?

Page 3 looks messed up on Chrome for some reason, trying to get past it
EDIT: thanks to whoever fixed it :)

Last edited:
Thank you. Looks like I'll be needing a customized layout, then. So the layout number being wrong can prevent the system from showing an audio device in sys prefs?

@blouse,

Yes, as explained in the Lilu guide , in the case of AppleALC the value of the Device Property "layout-id" (subsequently "alc-layout-id") is an index to a codec patch set within AppleALC ... each patch set (or layout) consists of two files (layout.xml & platforms.xml) and a audio input/output pin configuration if the selected patch set (or layout) does not match the hardware configuration of your codec, AppleHDA will not fully initialise correctly.

When no ALC codec device is displayed in System Preferences -> Sound then the issue is usually with either platforms.xml or layout.xml (or both).

If the ALC codec device is displayed in System Preferences -> Sound but there is no sound then the issue is usually related to the pin configuration.

Cheers
Jay

Hi @blouse,

Awesome build you got there. You were a great inspiration for my build which is also turning out very powerful (I have the Z390 Aorus Pro and the i9-9900K as well). Unfortunately I'm having issues with sleep/shutdown (Hackintosh crashes during sleep and reboots when I shutdown). Did you do to do anything special to make it work? I've tried toggling a couple of energy related BIOS flags as well as some Clover flags (eg FixShutdown) but no success so far.

I've attached my Clover config in case someone has the time to take a look. I'm only using IntelMausiEthernet.kext and FakeSMC.kext and use the following UEFI drivers: apfs.efi, NTFS.efi, CsmVideoDxe-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, VBoxHfs-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, AppleImageCodec-64.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, DataHubDxe-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi, AppleUITheme-64.efi

Edit: I also just discovered that my USB 3 ports don't work when I attach an USB stick as well.

Edit2: I'm on High Sierra still because I'm still on my GTX 970.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back