Contribute
Register

[Success] BigJ's CustoMacPro Asus Z97-DELUXE(NFC & WLC) / Intel 4790k 4.0 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a build with asus z97 deluxe (nfc&wlc) likewise because of TB card, 4790k cpu with onboard 4600hd graphics, nepton 240 cooler, syba 1394 1a & 2b firewire card, evga nex650g power, aerocool 1000 white case (looks a bit like Mac Pro)

I select UEFI, Yosemite, and Intel graphics option in unibeast.

When I try to use Unibeast to make a Bootable USB, it fails with
"there was an error creating your unibeast drive: couldn't modify plist"

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank You

I'm doing a build with asus z97 deluxe (nfc&wlc) likewise because of TB card, 4790k cpu with onboard 4600hd graphics, nepton 240 cooler, syba 1394 1a & 2b firewire card, evga nex650g power, aerocool 1000 white case (looks a bit like Mac Pro)

I select UEFI, Yosemite, and Intel graphics option in UniBeast.

When I try to use UniBeast to make a bootable USB, it fails with
"there was an error creating your UniBeast drive: couldn't modify plist"

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank You

Hmm... this isn't a spec specific problem - sounds more like a UniBeast issue. What it's telling you is that it can't modify config.plist for some reason (eg. it doesn't exist, not there, etc. ) Check the forums on UniBeast and this specific error... Sorry I can't help you on this one...

Hi, I know this is an old post but would love some help around this. I'm currently facing the same scenario wanting to keep using my Thunderbolt Display for my Hackintosh build. Were you able to pass-through the displayport from your graphic card instead of the motherboard displayport?

Also, how's this system running now after all this time? Are you still running the same specs and/or any highlight to the build?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I know this is an old post but would love some help around this. I'm currently facing the same scenario wanting to keep using my Thunderbolt Display for my Hackintosh build. Were you able to pass-through the displayport from your graphic card instead of the motherboard displayport?

Also, how's this system running now after all this time? Are you still running the same specs and/or any highlight to the build?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

question 1: what you need to do is use this board or a board that is compatible with the Thunderbolt EXII card https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessories/ThunderboltEX_II/

The card comes with 2 cables, which you plug into your display card and then into the thunderbolt card. you then plug your apple cinema display into the thunderbolt card, and you're away. The reason you need to use this card is that it's the only one that I am aware is natively supported in OSX as an intel thunderbolt solution, therefore giving you the full functionality of the cinema display (e.g. speakers and camera)

question 2: yes still using the system with El Capitan latest build, no real issues. You need to be using toleda's patches for sound, handoff, 5gz wifi, and preferably a bluetooth dongle.

This is still one of the best motherboards you can get if you want a native thunderbolt install...

Any questions let me know and I'll help you.... Config.plist, SSDTs etc all available.

Hi BigJ!

Thank you so much for replying, a lot of these other build forums don't really reply to messages.. :)

Thanks for the tip! I purchased that same ThunderboltEX II card and a motherboard that supports it with a TB_HEADER port on the motherboard. My question is with all of it plugged in, do the ports on the back of the Apple Thunderbolt Display work, ie. like the Thunderbolt port, USB, ethernet? Do those work from the Thunderbolt Display?

Also, were there any sort of drivers you need for Windows side and Hackintosh side for this display to work? Reading through your post again, did you need to run anything like -x -v maxmem=4096 graphicsenabler=no pcirootuid=1 in order to see the Thunderbolt Display turn on?

Thank you once again, your build is almost identical to mine except I have a GTX 970 and a ASUS Z97-A motherboard. :)

Cheers!

Hi BigJ!

Thank you so much for replying, a lot of these other build forums don't really reply to messages.. :)

Thanks for the tip! I purchased that same ThunderboltEX II card and a motherboard that supports it with a TB_HEADER port on the motherboard. My question is with all of it plugged in, do the ports on the back of the Apple Thunderbolt Display work, ie. like the Thunderbolt port, USB, ethernet? Do those work from the Thunderbolt Display?

Also, were there any sort of drivers you need for Windows side and Hackintosh side for this display to work? Reading through your post again, did you need to run anything like -x -v maxmem=4096 graphicsenabler=no pcirootuid=1 in order to see the Thunderbolt Display turn on?

Thank you once again, your build is almost identical to mine except I have a GTX 970 and a ASUS Z97-A motherboard. :)

Cheers!

Everything works on the monitor including ethernet, etc.

BUT

There is an apple bug that will sometimes cause the USB hub and camera and mike to crash - so you need to restart by turning your pc off - in mac.

Otherwise no drivers needed - other than the ones for the card in windows... Windows 10 has those built in.

No need to type any of those things you listed in, unless you would need to do it to start your system due to your video card or other reason.

What I recommend: build your system and install OSX so that you are happy how it runs with a normal monitor if you can.

THEN, go in and plug in the Thunderbolt card and thunderbolt monitor, and all should be fine. This way you will know if your problems are due to the thunderbolt or due to another configuration issue...

Check out these threads too:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ex-ii-pcie-expansion-card-testing-thread.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ild-z97-i3-4340-hd4600-thunderbolt-ex-ii.html

They show you pictures how things should be installed/plugged in, etc...

Sigh.. so I installed MacOSX El Capitan on my Intel Graphics plugged in because it didn't play well with my EVGA GTX 970.. now, after I got the installation to work.. I wanted to see if I can get the graphic card to work with boot.. but right now it just just stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar at the bottom..

I tried booting with nv_disable=1 -v -x, not working..

I've already installed the Nvidia web driver when I had it plugged in to the MOBO DVI plug, but now on verbose..

I can't get it to boot with the graphic card plugged in :(

Please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back