Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I`m a Hackintosh long time user of a Sandy Bridge System with an RX580 now (At least Mojave with Clover 5125).
I tried to use Open Core and Big Sur. I'm totally new to OC and I'm getting stuck at the installer.
For the Installer i use an external USB Drive Seagate Expansion Media 1 TB.
I used this two SSDT from this thread:

And i used a System definition of a MacPro6,1 like described here (# PlatformInfo):

I'm not familar with all the details and maybe one of you guys could give me a hint where to go on.
It gives me a panic i put a Screenshot underneath.

I really like to go further with OC and like to use my System as long as possible.

Any Help help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5977.jpg
    IMG_5977.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Could you at least upload your config.plist?

Yes of course, sorry for delay bcs daytime=worktime. I tried with iMac15,1 but no luck there as well...

Attachments

• Config_and_SSDT.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 69
I'd suggest that you try with the config file in my original "Sandy Bridge/Z68" post above. The config file you posted has a number of patches that I don't think you should have.

I'd suggest that you try with the config file in my original "Sandy Bridge/Z68" post above. The config file you posted has a number of patches that I don't think you should have.
Actually I created my own config file following the OC Guide on the dortania site. I just used your SSDT‘s. Maybe it was a fault. Wich entries are wrong in my config?

Last edited:
Actually I created my own config file following the OC Guide on the dortania site. I just used your SSDT‘s. Maybe it was a fault. Wich entries are wrong in my config?

I think the easiest way for you to get something working will be to use an existing working config file, then modify that for your specific needs.

Hello,

I`m a Hackintosh long time user of a Sandy Bridge System with an RX580 now (At least Mojave with Clover 5125).
I tried to use Open Core and Big Sur. I'm totally new to OC and I'm getting stuck at the installer.
For the Installer i use an external USB Drive Seagate Expansion Media 1 TB.
I used this two SSDT from this thread:

And i used a System definition of a MacPro6,1 like described here (# PlatformInfo):

I'm not familar with all the details and maybe one of you guys could give me a hint where to go on.
It gives me a panic i put a Screenshot underneath.

I really like to go further with OC and like to use my System as long as possible.

Any Help help is greatly appreciated.
Did you set DummyPowerManagement to true under Kernel?

Did you set DummyPowerManagement to true under Kernel?
It was set to false. I set it to true and now the boot process is hanging here:

Attachments

• IMG_6017.jpg
    IMG_6017.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
I think the easiest way for you to get something working will be to use an existing working config file, then modify that for your specific needs.
Ok, that's a good point! I used yours as a way to go with ;) I filled the parts "replace" in your "config_sandy_bridge_Z68.plist"with my own serial etc, but its hanging before i can select the device entries in OC. Maybe you can give me a hint were i can get a good start from...

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpg
    IMG_6018.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 52
  • oc_structure.jpg
    oc_structure.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 55
Ok, that's a good point! I used yours as a way to go with ;) I filled the parts "replace" in your "config_sandy_bridge_Z68.plist"with my own serial etc, but its hanging before i can select the device entries in OC. Maybe you can give me a hint were i can get a good start from...

Well, the first thing to attend to is that according to those error messages the NvmExpressDxe.efi driver isn't where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back