Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur try on Sandy Bridge Z68 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to delete the invalid entry.
If ocvalidate is reporting a missing entry then you should insert a valid one.
Compare your config.plist with the sample provided in the OpenCore download.
Ok back in. i checked against the sample.plist and now no more error reports.
Neither Sanity Check or ocvalidate.

Next up:

troubleshooting section in the guide...

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.4 KB · Views: 46
Now I can reach the installation GUI. I can start the installation and it gets until the point of 12 minutes. Then there’s a quick shell popping up and the screen went black. No reboot, it simply stalls there. It seems that the installation copied ca. 12 GB of the installation to the drive and stopped for a reason. Maybe it’s a normal reboot during the install process but I’m a little lost. I tried several troubleshooting tips but nothing worked so far. Btw. I can see another entry in the OC Boot Menue: macOS Installer.
When I choose it a short Apple Logo appears with a progress bar. Then followed by a short shell and then the screen goes black again.

If someone has a hint how I can go on troubleshooting that would be very kind!

Attachments

• 7F352AE1-1764-4FD9-9C58-45A2F86384B7.jpeg
    7F352AE1-1764-4FD9-9C58-45A2F86384B7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • config.plist
    24.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-16 um 21.19.05.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-16 um 21.19.05.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-16 um 21.19.21.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-16 um 21.19.21.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Now I can reach the installation GUI. I can start the installation and it gets until the point of 12 minutes. Then there’s a quick shell popping up and the screen went black. No reboot, it simply stalls there. It seems that the installation copied ca. 12 GB of the installation to the drive and stopped for a reason. Maybe it’s a normal reboot during the install process but I’m a little lost. I tried several troubleshooting tips but nothing worked so far. Btw. I can see another entry in the OC Boot Menue: macOS Installer.
When I choose it a short Apple Logo appears with a progress bar. Then followed by a short shell and then the screen goes black again.

If someone has a hint how I can go on troubleshooting that would be very kind!
Hello so right now, no news so far. I can't install Big Sur or Catalina right now. I have a cmos checksum error but after the backup kicks in the machine boots fine. This behaviour is since i put the rx580 in the machine. I tried nearly everything to resolve this but no luck. (battery, power offs, bios new installed...) But i tried to capture the process when the Mac OS Installer fails, so maybe a bit preciser now. When the screen goes black at the end nothing is happening anymore:

From now on i really have no clue where to go...

Attachments

• IMG_6157.jpg
    IMG_6157.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • Install_Fail_V1-0001.jpg
    Install_Fail_V1-0001.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 36
So, I took the abbreviation. I Installed Big Sur on my mac Book Air on an external drive and copied the OC on the EFI Volume of that drive. And surprise it worked. I could also Update the latest Version of Big Sur to 11.2.3.
iMessage works, Continuity and Hand off is working. Sleep i didn't tested it so far.
All Adobe Apps are running fine and Cinema 4D also.
The only thing what is not working until now is reboot. I think this prevents the installation process initially as i tried it on the Hack itself...

I have I7 2600k with GA/ UD5 B3 motherboard, GPU RX 6800. Is it possible to run OS Big Sur?

Yes, the RX 6800 has support in Big Sur.
My problem is i7 2600k with UD5 B3 M/B if only Teaone can proved me with the EFI and ConfigPlist that would be great.

My problem is i7 2600k with UD5 B3 M/B if only Teaone can proved me with the EFI and ConfigPlist that would be great.
can you not attempt to create your own?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back