Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Big Sur on GA-Z270X Gaming 5 + i7-7700K + RX580

Thank you! @tsanko.dimitrov I have upgraded successfully. Just open with openCore configurator your config.plist and enabled AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock. Also if you have some problems with bios, just reset it with CMOS jumper. After it I enabled XHCI Hand-off. the only problem I have is that usb 3.0 not working at all..

Currently updated to macOS Big Sur 11.4, OC 0.7.1 and all the kexts. Full EFI is also uploaded. Thanks everyone.

I’m currently working through this process, as well.

I’ve verified that my installation was halting at [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] due to the CFG Lock issue.

@tsanko.dimitrov - you said you found changing the hidden BIOS option is a more reliable, stable solution than changing the quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to yes. Can you describe what you mean by more reliable and stable?

Resolved the installation hanging at "SMCSuperIO ssi" by enabling the XHCI handoff in the Bios. But I did that step after I generated a new USBmap.kext, so it may have been both.

By accident, I wound up buying a spare SSD and decided to make use of it; so my machine is configured to dual boot Clover->High Sierra or OpenCore->Big Sur or Windows. It's nice to have a working configuration accessible while I dial in the new install.

Current issues;
Wireless - I think the Fenvi card from my original installation is incompatible, despite the kexts I added. Doesn't seem to read anything in Big Sur.
USBMap - I generated my own port configuration, but the plan didn't materialize.

Thank you, @tsanko.dimitrov. This thread was essential for making it happen.

Also, the boot time with OpenCore is far superior to the Clover configuration I have.

Usb 3 are all working after I have setXhciPortLimit to false

Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1
OpenCore 0.8.6

Hardware
MB: GA-Z270X-GAMING K5
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 5.0GHz
RAM: 32GB
SSD: 1TB Crucial P3
Graphics: Shapphire RX 6600 8GB

System definition
SMBIOS iMac18,3

During the process of instalation, i experimented several problems with the graphics, such after install macos, the first restart do not appear image. I solve it changing hdmi to DP.
But when i change the monitor or put it 2 monitors, the same problem.
Now, with any change in graphics itself solve it with a pair of restarts.

All its working fine.

I attach my EFI OC 0.8.6.
Many thanks to tsanko.dimitrov,... and all

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 99
Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1
OpenCore 0.8.6

Hardware
MB: GA-Z270X-GAMING K5
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 5.0GHz
RAM: 32GB
SSD: 1TB Crucial P3
Graphics: Shapphire RX 6600 8GB

System definition
SMBIOS iMac18,3

During the process of instalation, i experimented several problems with the graphics, such after install macos, the first restart do not appear image. I solve it changing hdmi to DP.
But when i change the monitor or put it 2 monitors, the same problem.
Now, with any change in graphics itself solve it with a pair of restarts.

All its working fine.

I attach my EFI OC 0.8.6.
Many thanks to tsanko.dimitrov,... and all
Hello, Did you try to upgrade to ventura with such configuration?

Anyone got to succesfully upgrade GA-Z270X to Ventura? If so, can you share your EFI?

I
Anyone got to succesfully upgrade GA-Z270X to Ventura? If so, can you share your EFI?
I have upgraded. Just upgrade your open core and kexts. In place upgrade was automatically. Can show efi later.

Back