Register

[success] - Big Sur Beta on Sandy Bridge/Z68 and Haswell/Z87

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
I updated my two systems, one Sandy Bridge/Z68 and one Haswell/Z87. I largely followed the Dortania guide, with only two major exceptions:
  1. The Doratania guide on Sandy Bridge is unclear (to be nice about it) about handling the EC controller; I created an AML file that works for both my Sandy Bridge and Haswell machines.
  2. OpenCore's Bootstrap/BootProtect EFI is dangerous, at least on Haswell; it can corrupt your BIOS. BootProtect is disabled in my config files for both systems.
Note that I also use the Doratania SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml on the Haswell system. The SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PM-SANDYBR.aml are generated from my system. SSDT-PM-SANDYBR.aml is used on the SandyBridge system only; I enable and disable the appropriate drivers in my config file, so the aml files are present on both systems.

Screenshot of all files used, and a zip file of the files I generated are attached.

Finally, note that the config files have serial numbers, uuids, etc removed - you will have to add your own.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.02.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Config_files.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 71
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
i have an asus p8z68-v z68 with the RX560 2GB i can't start with opencore but i can with clover 5122

can you give me a hand please

tene I would be very grateful

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You'd need to be more specific about what the problem is you're having

Hello. my probrlem is that i boot clover r5122 and i can't update to both 5123 and 5124. i tried to compile opencore following the guide but it still fails. i changed from iMac 14.2 to iMac 19.1 to upgrade and it works fine. I would like to do a fresh install when macOS Big Sur 11 comes out but I don't think I can do it. if it was possible to have a working uefi opencore folder for me. I have an Asus p8z68-v with a 3.11 i5 processor sandy bridge 8gb ram an RX560 2gb hd ssd samsung 250gb graphics card. dual boot w10 ssd 120gb unfortunately both if I update clover and with opencore I fail to boot. thanks for the support

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-10-16 alle 19.55.41.png
    Schermata 2020-10-16 alle 19.55.41.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
  • EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You'd need to be more specific about what the problem is you're having

this UEFI folder contains the origin folder by pressing f4 when starting cover r5122 thanks again

Attachments

• EFI + origin.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
Motherboard
MSI Z170A PRO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530 + RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated my two systems, one Sandy Bridge/Z68 and one Haswell/Z87. I largely followed the Dortania guide, with only two major exceptions:
  1. The Doratania guide on Sandy Bridge is unclear (to be nice about it) about handling the EC controller; I created an AML file that works for both my Sandy Bridge and Haswell machines.
  2. OpenCore's Bootstrap/BootProtect EFI is dangerous, at least on Haswell; it can corrupt your BIOS. BootProtect is disabled in my config files for both systems.
Note that I also use the Doratania SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml on the Haswell system. The SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PM-SANDYBR.aml are generated from my system. SSDT-PM-SANDYBR.aml is used on the SandyBridge system only; I enable and disable the appropriate drivers in my config file, so the aml files are present on both systems.

Screenshot of all files used, and a zip file of the files I generated are attached.

Finally, note that the config files have serial numbers, uuids, etc removed - you will have to add your own.

View attachment 491867

View attachment 491867
Hi smcpipint,
I tried to follow your suggestion but unfortunately without success. I have 2 hackintoshes: one with msi z170a, skylake and rx580 motherboard on which I installed big sur beta and everything works great and the other with Gigabyte z87x-ud3h haswell and rx580 card which, despite all the attempts made and reading point per point of the guide Dortania 0.6.2, I could not get a spider out of the hole. If I follow your place and fit your config_z87 it comes out "this version of macos is notsupported on this platform-reason Mac-F4208CC8" while if I use mine (referred to in the attached EFI folder) the error (0xE) LocHB 71b4903c ...comes out.
I disabled Applecpupmcfglock and Applexcpmcfglock in the kernel, I tried to insert ncpi = 0x2000 in the boot arg but all useless.
Where am I wrong and how can I correct?
would you be kind enough to put your full efi back on or otherwise correct mine. Thanks in advance
ps: I forgot to say that I too had big problems with the bios of the z87x, solved by reading your and other posts

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Hi smcpipint,
I tried to follow your suggestion but unfortunately without success. I have 2 hackintoshes: one with msi z170a, skylake and rx580 motherboard on which I installed big sur beta and everything works great and the other with Gigabyte z87x-ud3h haswell and rx580 card which, despite all the attempts made and reading point per point of the guide Dortania 0.6.2, I could not get a spider out of the hole. If I follow your place and fit your config_z87 it comes out "this version of macos is notsupported on this platform-reason Mac-F4208CC8" while if I use mine (referred to in the attached EFI folder) the error (0xE) LocHB 71b4903c ...comes out.
I disabled Applecpupmcfglock and Applexcpmcfglock in the kernel, I tried to insert ncpi = 0x2000 in the boot arg but all useless.
Where am I wrong and how can I correct?
would you be kind enough to put your full efi back on or otherwise correct mine. Thanks in advance
ps: I forgot to say that I too had big problems with the bios of the z87x, solved by reading your and other posts

Well, a few suggestions in your config.plist. Firstly, you're missing a number of items - MLB, SystemSerialNumber. Secondly, your device properties section seems to be missing a few PciRoot declarations that I'd expect to see. I'd suggest trying the config.plist file I attached to my original post. Just put your own values for serial numbers, etc into PlatformInfo

Motherboard
MSI Z170A PRO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530 + RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Bene, alcuni suggerimenti nel tuo config.plist. In primo luogo, ti mancano una serie di elementi: MLB, SystemSerialNumber. In secondo luogo, la sezione delle proprietà del dispositivo sembra mancare di alcune dichiarazioni PciRoot che mi sarei aspettato di vedere. Suggerirei di provare il file config.plist che ho allegato al mio post originale. Inserisci i tuoi valori per i numeri di serie, ecc. In PlatformInfo

Well, a few suggestions in your config.plist. Firstly, you're missing a number of items - MLB, SystemSerialNumber. Secondly, your device properties section seems to be missing a few PciRoot declarations that I'd expect to see. I'd suggest trying the config.plist file I attached to my original post. Just put your own values for serial numbers, etc into PlatformInfo
Thank you for the prompt reply but I would like to clarify that the personal data (mlb, boardserial, smuuid) I deleted them on purpose but in the config.plist they are there. i also tried to use your config by inserting ssdt-ec instead of ssdt-ec-desktop indicated in the guide, i tried to replace hfsplus.efi with your hfspluslegacy.efi, i used your config adapting it to my hardware but i don't have been successful. if you tell me in detail what to do, I will be happy to experience your advice and suggestions. If, saving time, you would like to return your EFI folder with the specifications of your haswell configuration, I will do all the tests and find the right mix to make my system work. I am determined to succeed.