Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 2.57.46 PM 2.png

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 2.58.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 5.32.41 PM.png

Thought to bring this build up-to-date for anyone still using this motherboard (which I first started with Sierra here more than 4 years ago) >

I now have it working from Catalina all the way to Big Sur 11.4. I've made a number of changes to the build, biggest change of which is,
it is now running using Opencore 0.6.1. I have also since changed my GPU to an AMD RX550. The EFI runs a SSDT-GPU-Spoof for the card as it is not natively detected, but works totally fine with Unigine Heaven and GLView.

I have uploaded the EFI. All you need to do to use is add in your serials, ROM and UUID in SMBIOS.

(Update: 2nd July 2021)

Just providing an update, the EFI is now Big Sur 11.4 and Monterey public beta compatible.
I have also added 3 variants of the EFI (with Radeon RX550, Intel IGPU only and Nvidia-Intel IGPU) and updated it to 0.6.5. and improved its general stability.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 6.15.14 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI Z170N.zip
    30.5 MB · Views: 822
  • EFI 11.4 OC 0.6.5 Intel only.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 745
  • EFI 11.4 OC 0.6.5 Nvidia.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 643
  • EFI 11.4 OC 0.6.5.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 802
Last edited:
Hello, I read your guide and I found it very interesting. I'd like to ask some questions. I have an Asus Z170i pro gaming with only igpu HD530. I also change the original wifi with broadcom. I am using big sur 11.6 with opencore 0.75. Do you think I can upgrade to monterey with no problems? Do you advice to have a clear installation or an upgrade? Thank you very much for your support.

Hello, I read your guide and I found it very interesting. I'd like to ask some questions. I have an Asus Z170i pro gaming with only igpu HD530. I also change the original wifi with broadcom. I am using big sur 11.6 with opencore 0.75. Do you think I can upgrade to monterey with no problems? Do you advice to have a clear installation or an upgrade? Thank you very much for your support.
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply (just came across it now). Yes by all means you can upgrade to Monterey okay that shouldn't be a problem. As for advice on upgrading to Monterey, I would suggest you create a USBMap or USBPorts custom map USB kext, and make a separate copy of your main drive's EFI partition on a USB stick which has the USBPorts kext enabled with XHCIPortLimit disabled and test boot into Monterey from that. If anything goes wrong with the install you still have your original EFI on the main drive to fall back on.

Hi,
(Update: 2nd July 2021)

Just providing an update, the EFI is now Big Sur 11.4 and Monterey public beta compatible.
I have also added 3 variants of the EFI (with Radeon RX550, Intel IGPU only and Nvidia-Intel IGPU) and updated it to 0.6.5. and improved its general stability.
I have a very similar configuration - do you have maybe the EFI content for the newer OpenCore version than 0.6.5? Could you share?

Hi,

I have a very similar configuration - do you have maybe the EFI content for the newer OpenCore version than 0.6.5? Could you share?
No Marecki78, sorry I don't have a new update for this. But if you want to update it to say 0.7.8 yourself it shouldn't be that difficult either. It is a matter of adding the relevant fields to the config.plist. Another way to do it would be to use Opencore Configurator v2.57 and then download and edit the Monterey EFI in my build above. That would update the relevant fields to ones for OC 0.7.8 - but you would need to update the rest of the EFI's folders to OC 0.7.8 manually by downloading them from the Github Acidanthera repository and not forgetting to add updated kexts for Lilu, Whatevergreen, VirtualSMC and AppleALC.

Thx, will try to make it soon.

For now I am Clover user and wondering if it's worth moving to Open Core. Wdyt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back