Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

@Rajkhand and @rrviega could you guys please check the charging current provided to your Apple devices?

With the device connected, click the Apple button -> About this Mac -> System Report -> USB (under the first tab Hardware). Then click the name of the device and please report the value for Current Available (mA) and Current Required (mA). I really appreciate it!

@Rajkhand and @rrviega could you guys please check the charging current provided to your Apple devices?

With the device connected, click the Apple button -> About this Mac -> System Report -> USB (under the first tab Hardware). Then click the name of the device and please report the value for Current Available (mA) and Current Required (mA). I really appreciate it!
iPad:

Product ID: 0x12ab
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Version: 4.01
Serial Number:
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Location ID:
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 1600
Sleep current (mA): 2100

Updated to 0.6.6 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2 (20D64) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) still broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

I strongly recommend a reset on NVRAM after this update.

Config.plist:
  • Misc -> security -> AllowNvramReset: YES - After, reboot, reset, and Misc -> security -> AllowNvramReset: NO
hi, we have almost the same machine, i'm writing you cause i'm still on F10 bios, can you please upload your Bios profile? i would lilke to upgrade to F13
thank you very much

Can one use the DSDT.aml from the previous post with OpenCore?

If so, how?

(if anyone knows)

Thank you

Last edited:
@rrviega
I have been out on a vacation and coming back has to be hospitalised for a surgery. Now I am back home and find that OSX has 3 updates (my current 11.2) and OC has gone to 0.6.7 my current is 0.6.6

How to go about updating ? Any advise?

Last edited:
can someone share their efi with opencore 0.6.8
I am trying to update without success
Gracias

this is my efi folder
I have a wifi card dw1560 BCM94352Z

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
can someone share their efi with opencore 0.6.8
I am trying to update without success
Thank you
I’ll do that in the morning (after about 10 hrs)

I have a special request as well.

If you use OpenCore and have mapped your USB ports for the Z370N, and they include the front ones, can you please share your EFI?

I ask because in Big Sur 11.3 USB ports must be mapped, otherwise most of the USB devices will stop working.

I have a special request as well.

If you use OpenCore and have mapped your USB ports for the Z370N, and they include the front ones, can you please share your EFI?

I ask because in Big Sur 11.3 USB ports must be mapped, otherwise most of the USB devices will stop working.
Give the port nos. You want and also if you are using Broadcom WiFi which kexts you are using

Give the port nos. You want and also if you are using Broadcom WiFi which kexts you are using
this efi is without the wifi kexts and mapped ports 1,2 5to8 and 10,11. Total 14 ports.
10 is internal bluetooth and 11 is USB2 front and 1,2 is front USB3 and 5-8 are leftmost 4 ports on the back
you have to give your own PlateformInfo->Generic

Attachments

• EFI 0.6.8.zip
    9 MB · Views: 114
Back