Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Hey folks,

Has anyone managed to get 2100mA of power from the USB ports using OpenCore while charging their iPhone/iPad/iPod?

It used to work with Clover, but probably needs some extra configuration with OC that I was not able to find.

Hey folks,

Has anyone managed to get 2100mA of power from the USB ports using OpenCore while charging their iPhone/iPad/iPod?

It used to work with Clover, but probably needs some extra configuration with OC that I was not able to find.
Hey my MB developed a problem of constant rebooting even before BIOS screen so had to replace it, was without it for >20 days, so late reply, anyway I don't know if i am getting 2100mA but i am able to charge my ipad air 1st generation.

Anyone upgraded to OC 0.6.6?

Hey my MB developed a problem of constant rebooting even before BIOS screen so had to replace it, was without it for >20 days, so late reply, anyway I don't know if i am getting 2100mA but i am able to charge my ipad air 1st generation.

Anyone upgraded to OC 0.6.6?
May I ask you how was your experience with the Gigabyte support? My Z370N WIFI had some issue with USB after wake-up (crackling/distortion) and I'm trying to fix/replace it, It's still on the two year warranty but I have some trouble with the support to make it covered by the warranty.

I'm running the same system now with a GA Z370P D3 and no issue

Updated to 0.6.4 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B50) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) still broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).
Updated to 0.6.6 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2 (20D64) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) still broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

I strongly recommend a reset on NVRAM after this update.

Config.plist:
  • Misc -> security -> AllowNvramReset: YES - After, reboot, reset, and Misc -> security -> AllowNvramReset: NO

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 111
May I ask you how was your experience with the Gigabyte support? My Z370N WIFI had some issue with USB after wake-up (crackling/distortion) and I'm trying to fix/replace it, It's still on the two year warranty but I have some trouble with the support to make it covered by the warranty.

I'm running the same system now with a GA Z370P D3 and no issue
This is the third time this problem has occurred they have repaired it in warranty period all 3 times but it took them >10 days. Now it is out of warranty so I have to be ready with an alternative if the problem reoccurs.

Updated to 0.6.6 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2 (20D64) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) still broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

Config.plist:
  • Misc -> security -> AllowNvramReset: YES - After, reboot, reset, and Misc -> security -> AllowNvramReset: NO
Thanks

@Rajkhand and @rrviega could you guys please check the charging current provided to your Apple devices?

With the device connected, click the Apple button -> About this Mac -> System Report -> USB (under the first tab Hardware). Then click the name of the device and please report the value for Current Available (mA) and Current Required (mA). I really appreciate it!

@Rajkhand and @rrviega could you guys please check the charging current provided to your Apple devices?

With the device connected, click the Apple button -> About this Mac -> System Report -> USB (under the first tab Hardware). Then click the name of the device and please report the value for Current Available (mA) and Current Required (mA). I really appreciate it!
iPad:

Product ID: 0x12ab
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Version: 4.01
Serial Number:
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Location ID:
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 1600
Sleep current (mA): 2100

Config.plist:
hi, we have almost the same machine, i'm writing you cause i'm still on F10 bios, can you please upload your Bios profile? i would lilke to upgrade to F13
thank you very much

Can one use the DSDT.aml from the previous post with OpenCore?

If so, how?

(if anyone knows)

Thank you

Last edited:
Back