Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Can someone please provide information regarding the USB C port on this motherboard, what it can do its limitations etc. and how to map the port for USBPort kext
I did map it as the other port via Hackintool as USB-C+SW it should show as HS09, I only use it with a Nexus 6p android phone in USB tethers mode

I advise you to upgrade to BIOS version F13 (F14a is beta). The problem is not in memory most likely. The only problem that the non-standard memory of Imac 19.1 (2666) is to double-click the mouse or keyboard to leave Sleep mode.

Btw, this EFI developed by me with the help of colleagues works properly in the F13 version of the BIOS. That's because it incorporates 300 series RTC patch after the F10 Bios update. You can also go back to Clover if you don't feel safe to update the BIOS. But I assure you that it is a simple and painless process.

If the problem persists after the procedure I will need your boot log.

Source: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi

@rrviega
Thanks for your help so far. I updated to F13 and made the changes to setup_var 54A and 507 as discussed earlier, which worked and now doesnt. I updated to the debug version of oc to get the log but no luck. Done various resets, updates and still unstable.

Would you be willing to share you bios? I think you can save your profile? That would be great to test.

This is super late. I tried the Hackintool method for USB mapping, but unsuccessful until I gave up for some time, in the end I just prevented the computer from sleeping all together. Recently I updated to 10.15.7 with Clover 5122, but had trouble with SIP. In the end I migrated to OpenCore instead. SIP now works great.

I mapped the USB with the method described on Dortania's guide. But still the same the screen stays off during sleep, however, the CPU cooler fan will spin up every few minutes. I suspect is to do with my "com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]... Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[126]". It can use up to 1% of my CPU. My guess is to do with autoupdate with some programs like Chrome and Microsoft office. I wonder if there are guides to optimise and troubleshoot after Hackintosh installation.

Another thing, I was going through people's OC config.plist, and noticed extensive DeviceProperties settings, the Dortania's guide didn't really say much about it for Coffee Lake. I was wondering if there are guides for setting these. Thanks!

@rrviega

To close out on the above.... After relentless testing, i found out that the issue was a faulty PSU. I have an external PSU and replaced the barrel connector and found out that it was tripping. I changed it and it worked dandily.

Updated to 0.6.1 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Big Sur Public Beta (20A5354i) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb).
Updated to 0.6.2 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) is broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

@rrviega

To close out on the above.... After relentless testing, i found out that the issue was a faulty PSU. I have an external PSU and replaced the barrel connector and found out that it was tripping. I changed it and it worked dandily.
I'm glad you solved your problem. Sorry for my absense, friend.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.2 MB · Views: 179
Upgraded to Big Sur successfully. OC 0.6.3

My experience was that it takes 40+ minutes to upgrade from Catalina. The first boot seems as if it is stuck at around 2-4% no SSD lights will flicker no movement of the progress bar for 20-25 minute but it will continue also the same behaviour in the second boot around 80-90%. Have patience and wait. I didn't had to select from which drive to boot OC in this regard is very good, once you select upgrade no intervention is required till when you have to enter your password at Big Sur login screen.

I use Dell 1560 m.2 card ( Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter) for wifi/BT so in the kext folder and in config you will see a bunch of kexts with BRCM word appearing in their name.

USBPort.kext mapping % 5-8 USB3 9 USB-C 10 BT internal 11 USB2

Use your own Serial no, boardID, SMBIOS etc. in config.plist under plateforminfo/Generic

I also have RX-570 GPU card so some modification required for that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.4 MB · Views: 350
I use Dell 1560 m.2 card ( Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter) for wifi/BT so in the kext folder and in config you will see a bunch of kexts with BRCM word appearing in their name.
Thank you very much for sharing Rajkhand, rrviega.
I have managed to change from clover to oc and I have dw1560 running in big sur

Last edited:
thanks for sharing
I have the same configuration as you
but my d1560 card doesn't work
with clover and catalina if it works
with OC and catalina does not work
with clover and OC and big sur does not work
use AirportBrcmFixup.kext from my EFI Folder as you are suppose to remove a kext from the plugin folder of this kext.

If this is your card and is working it should work with my setting
this is my card specification as per Hackintool
Dell 1560 Card
Vendor ID : 0x14E4
Device : 0x43B1
Sub Vendor : 0x106B
Sub Device : 0x0019
Vendor Name : Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries
Device Name : BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
Class : Network controller
Sub Class : Network controller
IOReg Path : IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP07@1C,6/IOPP/ARPT@0
IOReg IOName : pci14e4,43b1
Device Path : PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x6)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Updated to 0.6.2 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) is broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

I'm glad you solved your problem. Sorry for my absense, friend.
Updated to 0.6.4 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B50) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) still broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.2 MB · Views: 85
boot smoothly rrviega, thanks!

I have a problem though from a long time and never got rid of it and start thinking it's hardware related. Randomly after wake up by keyboard I get distorted/cracking up audio I've attached a recording I made with my phone mic. at the same time I also get error in the IOJones/IORegistry like in the pictures. It looks like the USB keyboard disconnect and reconnect all the time. It goes away with reboot

Do you have hint that could help me figure it out

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.03.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.03.37.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.03.44.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.03.44.png
    159 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.04.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 18.04.00.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 51
  • My recording 6.mp3.zip