Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

@rrviega - thank you.

So having made the bios changes, it still conked out frequently. I then discovered I had 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM memory, which i assume is causing all of this issue.

I am not so familiar with the bios settings, but is there anything I can do to fix this? I had f5 for about a year under clover no problems (!!!!). If you have any advice before I get new memory, that would be great..!
I advise you to upgrade to BIOS version F13 (F14a is beta). The problem is not in memory most likely. The only problem that the non-standard memory of Imac 19.1 (2666) is to double-click the mouse or keyboard to leave Sleep mode.

Btw, this EFI developed by me with the help of colleagues works properly in the F13 version of the BIOS. That's because it incorporates 300 series RTC patch after the F10 Bios update. You can also go back to Clover if you don't feel safe to update the BIOS. But I assure you that it is a simple and painless process.

If the problem persists after the procedure I will need your boot log.

Source: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi

Last edited:
@rrviega - thank you.

So having made the bios changes, it still conked out frequently. I then discovered I had 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM memory, which i assume is causing all of this issue.

I am not so familiar with the bios settings, but is there anything I can do to fix this? I had f5 for about a year under clover no problems (!!!!). If you have any advice before I get new memory, that would be great..!
BIOS X.M.P. Memory Profile should be Profile1 This should solve your problem. I also have 3000Mhz memory

@Rajkhand can you please detail how you made your DW1560 work? Are you still on Catalina or have you tried Big Sur?
What about fixing DRM, what was the magic?
Sorry for late reply just missed the post

DW1560 is a direct replacement of the intel M.2 card. so simply remove the WIFI/BT card with the aluminium housing open the housing and replace the card. and place the following Kexts
AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmBluetoothInjector
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmPatchRAM3
BT4LEContinuityFixup

After switching to OC DRM works as mentioned in my post

Last edited:
BIOS X.M.P. Memory Profile should be Profile1 This should solve your problem. I also have 3000Mhz memory
Do you have the double keyboard/mouse press to leave sleep glitch at 3000Mhz?

Can someone please provide information regarding the USB C port on this motherboard, what it can do its limitations etc. and how to map the port for USBPort kext

Can someone please provide information regarding the USB C port on this motherboard, what it can do its limitations etc. and how to map the port for USBPort kext
I did map it as the other port via Hackintool as USB-C+SW it should show as HS09, I only use it with a Nexus 6p android phone in USB tethers mode

I advise you to upgrade to BIOS version F13 (F14a is beta). The problem is not in memory most likely. The only problem that the non-standard memory of Imac 19.1 (2666) is to double-click the mouse or keyboard to leave Sleep mode.

Btw, this EFI developed by me with the help of colleagues works properly in the F13 version of the BIOS. That's because it incorporates 300 series RTC patch after the F10 Bios update. You can also go back to Clover if you don't feel safe to update the BIOS. But I assure you that it is a simple and painless process.

If the problem persists after the procedure I will need your boot log.

Source: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi

@rrviega
Thanks for your help so far. I updated to F13 and made the changes to setup_var 54A and 507 as discussed earlier, which worked and now doesnt. I updated to the debug version of oc to get the log but no luck. Done various resets, updates and still unstable.

Would you be willing to share you bios? I think you can save your profile? That would be great to test.

This is super late. I tried the Hackintool method for USB mapping, but unsuccessful until I gave up for some time, in the end I just prevented the computer from sleeping all together. Recently I updated to 10.15.7 with Clover 5122, but had trouble with SIP. In the end I migrated to OpenCore instead. SIP now works great.

I mapped the USB with the method described on Dortania's guide. But still the same the screen stays off during sleep, however, the CPU cooler fan will spin up every few minutes. I suspect is to do with my "com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]... Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[126]". It can use up to 1% of my CPU. My guess is to do with autoupdate with some programs like Chrome and Microsoft office. I wonder if there are guides to optimise and troubleshoot after Hackintosh installation.

Another thing, I was going through people's OC config.plist, and noticed extensive DeviceProperties settings, the Dortania's guide didn't really say much about it for Coffee Lake. I was wondering if there are guides for setting these. Thanks!

@rrviega

To close out on the above.... After relentless testing, i found out that the issue was a faulty PSU. I have an external PSU and replaced the barrel connector and found out that it was tripping. I changed it and it worked dandily.

Back