Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

I have a BCM94360CS2 with the adaptor in the motherboard WIFI slot, although I don't use it and I'm on Catalina, will give it some running and report you back.

Everything working as it should? thanks for the feedback.
running great no issue on OSX. Before moving to your EFI I used a config cooked by MaLd0n with a patched DSDT.aml, It was 100% stable too but I think it's more logical to move to a EFI cooked here as we are on the same boat.

Last edited:
@rrviega
Thanks for your OC EFI, I have been able to make it work for my system with DW1560 wifi/BT card with appropriate modifications. Now everything works including DRM for Netflix, Apple TV+ worked even in clover, in Amazon Prime at least it doesn't freeze the system but tries to play the video and some type of refresh is happening as if it is trying again to play the video.

One thing of interest, after cloning my drive when selecting the clone drive at boot time it didn't boot but when I booted again to my normal drive selected in System Preference the startup disk as my clone drive and rebooted and it booted from clone drive. Also the first time after switching from clover I had to give full disk access to bunch of softwares and allow some drivers.

But the journey of learning and switching was very interesting and satisfying, the OC installation guide is also very good.
@Rajkhand can you please detail how you made your DW1560 work? Are you still on Catalina or have you tried Big Sur?
What about fixing DRM, what was the magic?

@applefan85

While iMac19,2 SMBIOS works well consider switching to iMac18,1 for better CPU speedstepping thus cooler temperatures.

19,2 SMBIOS steps down to 1200/1600 MHz while 18,1 SMBIOS steps down to 800 MHz.
Just wondering: what about the fact that iMac18,1 doesn't come with a dedicated GPU?
Can this negatively affect a Hackintosh equipped with, say, a RX580?

In that same topic, page 78, I put my BIOS settings. Are they the same as yours? Yes, it is recommended to reset the NVRAM. I've had problems because of that (installing Big Sur Public Beta only), but not of that nature.

@rrviega - thank you.

So having made the bios changes, it still conked out frequently. I then discovered I had 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM memory, which i assume is causing all of this issue.

I am not so familiar with the bios settings, but is there anything I can do to fix this? I had f5 for about a year under clover no problems (!!!!). If you have any advice before I get new memory, that would be great..!

@rrviega - thank you.

So having made the bios changes, it still conked out frequently. I then discovered I had 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM memory, which i assume is causing all of this issue.

I am not so familiar with the bios settings, but is there anything I can do to fix this? I had f5 for about a year under clover no problems (!!!!). If you have any advice before I get new memory, that would be great..!
I advise you to upgrade to BIOS version F13 (F14a is beta). The problem is not in memory most likely. The only problem that the non-standard memory of Imac 19.1 (2666) is to double-click the mouse or keyboard to leave Sleep mode.

Btw, this EFI developed by me with the help of colleagues works properly in the F13 version of the BIOS. That's because it incorporates 300 series RTC patch after the F10 Bios update. You can also go back to Clover if you don't feel safe to update the BIOS. But I assure you that it is a simple and painless process.

If the problem persists after the procedure I will need your boot log.

Source: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi

Last edited:
@rrviega - thank you.

BIOS X.M.P. Memory Profile should be Profile1 This should solve your problem. I also have 3000Mhz memory

@Rajkhand can you please detail how you made your DW1560 work? Are you still on Catalina or have you tried Big Sur?
What about fixing DRM, what was the magic?
Sorry for late reply just missed the post

DW1560 is a direct replacement of the intel M.2 card. so simply remove the WIFI/BT card with the aluminium housing open the housing and replace the card. and place the following Kexts
AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmBluetoothInjector
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmPatchRAM3
BT4LEContinuityFixup

After switching to OC DRM works as mentioned in my post

Last edited:
BIOS X.M.P. Memory Profile should be Profile1 This should solve your problem. I also have 3000Mhz memory
Do you have the double keyboard/mouse press to leave sleep glitch at 3000Mhz?

Can someone please provide information regarding the USB C port on this motherboard, what it can do its limitations etc. and how to map the port for USBPort kext

Back