Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

✨ macOS ▸ 10.14.6
✨ Clover ▸ 5033

Current EFI is also compatible with macOS Catalina public beta 4. You can install it from the App Store; no additional settings are required.

Download EFI:

Did you have any problems updating Clover to 5033?

I'm still on 4072 (I think), and it looks like there's a change in recent versions that breaks some Hackintosh configurations (something about a folder that has been renamed).

You should not see the Clover Boot Manager, you need to Reboot and hold F12 to boot from your USB Flash drive (F12 should be installed). And then you will see the command line.

Thanks! The issue I had was that I was not using the modified bootloader. Once I changed it, I got it working.

I have DP and HDMI working and it's fast, fast, fast! I love it. Now I need to get a bluetooth/wifi module.

Did you have any problems updating Clover to 5033?

I'm still on 4072 (I think), and it looks like there's a change in recent versions that breaks some Hackintosh configurations (something about a folder that has been renamed).

Nope. Everything works as usual.

:beachball::beachball::beachball:

✨ Clover ▸ 5045
✨ AppleALC ▸ 1.4.0
✨ WhateverGreen ▸ 1.3.1
✨ Lilu ▸ 1.3.8

Download EFI:

Got mine to work on an ultra small itx case (RGeek L65) with a pico PSU. Had the brilliant idea to look into under-volting as the pico psi couldn't keep up under stress tests and would reboot the computer due to the power sucking i9 9900K.

Last edited:
Good news guys! I've managed to boot with F12 bios. It is easier than you think. Here is a simple step by step guide.

1. Make a boot USB flash drive with your current EFI folder.
2. Download bootx64.efi and copy it to EFI/Boot/.
This is some kind of alternative bootloader that starts with the command line. Here we will modify hidden BIOS settings.

3. Update BIOS to F12 (only F12!)
4. Reboot and hold F12 to boot from your USB Flash drive. Now you should see this command line.
5. Now enter
Code:
setup_var 0x5A4 0x0
Code:
setup_var 0x507 0x1

Reboot from your primary drive. You Hack should boot normally. But don't forget to set up your BIOS settings.

:!: Looks like we will need to do this every time after trigger «Reset to default settings» option in BIOS.

P.S. If you are interested in the details:

0x5A4 is CFG Lock option in BIOS
0x507 is System Time and Alarm Source option

This codes are not static and can be changed in future updates. You can use this guide to find this code for future versions of BIOS.

Thank you! These offsets are the same for F12 of Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 ! It works like a charm :)

Just wanted to say there is a new .F13 BIOS file for the GA-Z370N-WIFI available - the adresses for CFG Lock and System Time and Alarm Source stayed the same as in .F12, so b166ar's procedure is still valid for .F13

I only tested the System Time and Alarm Source option on my system though.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-09 um 20.47.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-09 um 20.48.14.png

Good news guys! I've managed to boot with F12 bios. It is easier than you think. Here is a simple step by step guide.

1. Make a boot USB flash drive with your current EFI folder.
2. Download bootx64.efi and copy it to EFI/Boot/.
This is some kind of alternative bootloader that starts with the command line. Here we will modify hidden BIOS settings.

3. Update BIOS to F12 (only F12!)
4. Reboot and hold F12 to boot from your USB Flash drive. Now you should see this command line.
5. Now enter
Code:
setup_var 0x5A4 0x0
Code:
setup_var 0x507 0x1

Reboot from your primary drive. You Hack should boot normally. But don't forget to set up your BIOS settings.

:!: Looks like we will need to do this every time after trigger «Reset to default settings» option in BIOS.

P.S. If you are interested in the details:

0x5A4 is CFG Lock option in BIOS
0x507 is System Time and Alarm Source option

This codes are not static and can be changed in future updates. You can use this guide to find this code for future versions of BIOS.
Sorry, in advance, for my newbie questions:
I'm just looking for a little guidance on your post:
1. What format is the bootable USB Flash drive
2. When you say "reboot from your primary drive" I assume you mean your MacOS drive?

Back