Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

I updated kexts and Clover to the latests versions.

✨ Clover ▸ 5018
✨ AppleALC.kext ▸ 1.3.9
✨ IntelMausiEthernet.kext ▸ 2.5.0
✨ Lilu.kext ▸ 1.3.7
✨ WhateverGreen.kext ▸ 1.3.0

Is there a build OpenCore boot plan?

Compared to Clover, what are the benefits?
OpenCore has better boot speed and power management on Lenovo air13 notebooks. My z370N OpenCore build has not been successful, and I don't know if there are other advantages.

It's not "bad". My build uses eGPU for video output, not HD 630. And your i5 9600K has nothing to do with it.
ig-platform-id seted to 0x3E920003. This is used when the iGPU is only used for compute tasks (QuickSync), and doesn't drive a display.
When I say bad is that since I remove thoses informations the kernel panic disappear. Maybe it's coming from something else but from what I check online it can be cause by the iGPU configuration.

@b116ar Thank you very much for all the rest of the configuration you made on clover and this tutorial. Without you I will never get a configuration like that :)

@b166ar
one clarification, in your read.me at GitHub your are still mentioning Hackintool for USB port configuration. will this work with Mojave 10.14.5? as before I upgraded to this version I had read that the USB kext generated by Hackintool will not work with 10.14.5 and I had to go back to creating SSDT. Please advise.
thanks.

@b166ar
one clarification, in your read.me at GitHub your are still mentioning Hackintool for USB port configuration. will this work with Mojave 10.14.5? as before I upgraded to this version I had read that the USB kext generated by Hackintool will not work with 10.14.5 and I had to go back to creating SSDT. Please advise.
thanks.

I made it with Hackintool.

b1,

first of all: a huuuuge thank you for the effort you put in this! :clap:
With your EFI, I was able to configure my hack in under 10 minutes which is...well, insane.

One Question though: in your last commit (clover 5018), I noticed that the /drivers folder is empty.
If I got it right clover folks changed the structure to
/drivers/BIOS (instead of /drivers64)
/drivers/UEFI (instead of /drivers64UEFI)
/drivers/off (turned off drivers for testing purposes, they will not be loaded)

Is there a particular reason for this?
Don't get me wrong, clover folder structure regarding drivers was always confusing to me and it's not getting any better ;)

Didn't update to .6 as of typing this but will as soon you confirm everything's working.

Thanks again b1, hope this thread (and your effort) lasts for a long time!!

EDIT: just in case you want to use your unit with a apple remote – I found a nice homebrew Apple IR adapter which works OOB using an USB Slot. You can find it on Ebay searching for the item "323798973717" or the seller "gusb2011". :thumbup:

I noticed these changes in drivers folders, but I haven't dig into it yet. Somehow it works :)

I made it with Hackintool.
I saw your EFI folder and I don't see the USB kext which was being created by Hackintool previously in your clover/kext/ other folder BUT I see SSDT-EC.aml,SSD-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml in your ACPI/Patched folder.

Can you please explain.
Thanks

I saw your EFI folder and I don't see the USB kext which was being created by Hackintool previously in your clover/kext/ other folder BUT I see SSDT-EC.aml,SSD-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml in your ACPI/Patched folder.

Can you please explain.
Thanks
You use either of them.

USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-EC.aml,SSD-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml in your ACPI/Patched folder

or USB.kext etc

See Hackintool help for more information, I have been using Hackintool generated files, now on 10.14.5 and 10.14.6. update was smooth no issue whatsoever.

Back