Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Have you ever booted your computer to any OS?
1) For system diagnosis you can use any linux distros, run it from a USB thumbdrive e.g. Ubuntu. This case you do not have to remove any components yet. If it boots and hardware description all correct proceed to #2.
2) Yes, surely try the F12 BIOS there might be something that Gigabyte fixed. It's not difficult to flash it anyway. You find instructions on previous pages here.
3) Make sure your BIOS settings are all correct.

Hello @endrus,

1)It's working perfectly everything is recognized.
2) I updated the BIOS to F12 but still get the kernel panic and look like it's the same
3) I did exactly the same as explained on the github page of @b166ar

Don't really know what to do !

@endrus @b166ar @FBelix @moosh
Do you think the last version 10.14.5 can cause the kernel panic on installation boot ?

It's hard to tell what the problem can be as no one here is using that particular CPU, no error reporting and b166ar's approach is a clean vanilla config.

Depending on your experience and how much time / effort you want to put in this build might try other tutorials with patches that are somehow easier to follow or downgrade to earlier Mojave nevertheless High Sierra and work your way up.

Hi! I have a setup with an i5-7500 and RX 560. I seem to have partial hardware acceleration, but sometimes things are very slow and apps like Final Cut and Quicktime (While recording) can get extremely laggy and freeze.
Do you have your display plugged into the dGPU or iGPU? Thanks!

Hi! I have a setup with an i5-7500 and RX 560. I seem to have partial hardware acceleration, but sometimes things are very slow and apps like Final Cut and Quicktime (While recording) can get extremely laggy and freeze.
Do you have your display plugged into the dGPU or iGPU? Thanks!

You need your display to be connected to eGPU, not the motherboard's iGPU socket if you want to use the graphic card. Make sure the iGPU is allowed in BIOS for JPEG encodign and flawless sleep setting etc. as well as it's configured well.

Hey guys I managed to install Mojave on my computer. The kernel was due to the UHD 630 from my CPU. The EFI config from @b166ar was injecting a bad ig-platform-id and device-id. If anyone need a good EFI for the i5 9600K CPU just ask to me. I'm going to check this Tutorial to inject the good ig-platform-id and device-id.

Hey guys I managed to install Mojave on my computer. The kernel was due to the UHD 630 from my CPU. The EFI config from @b166ar was injecting a bad ig-platform-id and device-id. If anyone need a good EFI for the i5 9600K CPU just ask to me. I'm going to check this Tutorial to inject the good ig-platform-id and device-id.

It's not "bad". My build uses eGPU for video output, not HD 630. And your i5 9600K has nothing to do with it.
ig-platform-id seted to 0x3E920003. This is used when the iGPU is only used for compute tasks (QuickSync), and doesn't drive a display.

Last edited:
Back