Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Did you adjust the SMBIOS to account for your different CPU? If not, you need to select the one that is closest spec-wise to your hardware configuration. See this list at Everymac.com to help you make a selection.

Last edited:
Hello everyone @moosh this is still rebooting even with the SMBIOS 19.1. Don't really know why. @b166ar do you have an idea ?

Thank you :)

After several try of SMBIOS versions from Imac 17.1, Imac 19.1 and Macmini8.1, I still get a kernel panic during the boot installation.
Do you think it's only a SMBIOS problem or something can come from somewhere else ? I saw that using an USB 3 key usb can be an issue on Gigabyte Motherboard.

If anyone have an idea i'm listening :)

Thank you for you help,

Regards

After several try of SMBIOS versions from Imac 17.1, Imac 19.1 and Macmini8.1, I still get a kernel panic during the boot installation.

Try SMBIOS 18.3 and if Mojave boots change it to 19.1 with Clover or config edit. If it does not help than your kernel panic is caused by smthg else.

Do you think it's only a SMBIOS problem or something can come from somewhere else ? I saw that using an USB 3 key usb can be an issue on Gigabyte Motherboard.

If anyone have an idea i'm listening :)

Thank you for you help,

Regards

You might want to try this Patch.
Probably F12 BIOS is causing your issues but because of your 9th Gen CPU you rely on it.
If that fails you might have to consider to downgrade to a 8th Gen CPU

Last edited:
Hello @FBelix,

I will try it when I will get a new USB key but for the Bios I don't have the F12 version but the F10 (I downgraded from F11 to F10) as my CPU is compatible with this version.

How this patch will fix my issue ? What I don't understand is that the Imac 19.1 is exactly the model of my CPU the i5 9600K this is why I don't understand why I can't boot with this version of SMBIOS.

@endrus I will try with the 18.3. What is smthg ?

Thank you for your help !

@endrus: I tried with the version 18.3 but still get a kernel panic.
@FBelix: Not working with this patch but as I have the F10 bios it is not going to help me.

As I said before and as I checked on the official website there is two version of i5 9600K the one with the P0 stepping and the other with R0 stepping. I have the P0 stepping so should be compatible with the F10 as described here :

Back