Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

How do I load this and would I be able to apply this settings even if I'm planning to use F10 BIOS?
I'm not sure. Just try.
  • Save & Exit ▸ Load Profile

It would be nice if you could post a list of things you have changed. This way I could apply the changes by myself.

This is all my settings except RAM overcooking.
  • M.I.T. ▸ Advanced Frequency Settings ▸ Extrime Memory Profile = Profile1
  • M.I.T. ▸ Advanced Frequency Settings ▸ Enhanced Multi-Core Performance = Enabled
  • M.I.T. ▸ Advanced Voltage Settings ▸ CPU Core Voltage Control ▸ CPU Vcore = 1.135V
  • BIOS ▸ Boot Option Priorities = sort your drives by boot priority
  • Peripherals ▸ Initial Display Output = PCIe 1 Slot
  • Chipset ▸ Internal Graphics ▸ Enabled
  • Chipset ▸ Wake on LAN Enable = Disabled

Hi guys!

I updated some kexts and Clover to the latest versions. Everything works great.

✨ Clover ▸ 4934
✨ AppleALC.kext ▸ 1.3.8
✨ Lilu.kext ▸ 1.3.6
✨ WhateverGreen.kext ▸ 1.2.9

Hello do we agree that a processor Intel Core i5-9400F with an F12 bios version will work ?

Thank you guys :)

Hello do we agree that a processor Intel Core i5-9400F with an F12 bios version will work ?

Thank you guys :)
The motherboard recognises Intel Core i5-9400F since F11 bios. I am not sure about Hackintosh compatibility as this one has no iGPU. Do your research!

IMHO: The day your GPU dies is the day you wished that you had gotten the 8400 with iGPU, otherwise 9400f all the way - cheaper and slightly faster. The processing power is fairly good though.

The motherboard recognises Intel Core i5-9400F since F11 bios. I am not sure about Hackintosh compatibility as this one has no iGPU. Do your research!

IMHO: The day your GPU dies is the day you wished that you had gotten the 8400 with iGPU, otherwise 9400f all the way - cheaper and slightly faster. The processing power is fairly good though.

Ok I got it ! I order this one Intel Core i5-9600K as the GPU is the same as the i7 :). Thank you for you reply

Hi @b166ar - Have used your EFI folder on a few builds and love how clean the config.plist is and everything just works.

Was wondering if you can help or point me in a direction to install mojave on i7-7700k + Gigabyte z270x Gaming 9 + GTX 1080 setup.

I have looked at a few guides but none seem as clean as your build. Appreciate any help you can provide!

Success! Now everything works: USB, USB Power, sleep, iGPU acceleration. I've attached my EFI (all kexts in Other) and pmset -g settings. You can dig in it.

Tomorrow I will write details about the update to 10.14.5 and all the changes that I made. Now I need to sleep :)

Ok guys, here is my final config for 10.14.5. Everything works great — https://github.com/b166ar/Mac-Mini-Killer/releases/tag/final

To run the final version of macOS 10.14.5, I had to make some changes to my configurations.

I changed SMBIOS to 19.1
It gives much better CPU power management. CPU frequency now really low during Idle. I also find out, that USB doesn't work with SMBIOS 19.2. I just can't see any SSxx ports in ioreg.

New USB implementation
It is based on USBInjectAll.kext, not USBPorts.kext like in previous configs.

/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ now has 3 new files: SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml.

Dont forgen to delete USBPorts.kext from /Library/Extensions or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and use USBInjectAll.kext. In the result, all USB ports, USB power and sleep are working.

Moved all kexts
from /Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. This is just an experiment. Kexts in Other should be easier to maintain. If you want to do the same, don't forget to remove your kexts from /Library/Extensions.

How to update
  1. Make sure that you have Clover 4920;
  2. Update macOS to 10.14.5;
  3. Use my EFI folder as a template;
  4. Delete all kexts that are present in Other folder from /Library/Extensions;
  5. Reboot and login to iCloud and other apps (your hack will have a new serial number and SmUUID after SMBIOS update).
  6. Check USB, QuickSync, Sleep.

I have the same mobo as you. I made a USBMap.kext using corpnewt's USBMap script but that leaves me with some under-functioning 3.0 USB ports. Can I swap out my USBMap.kext for USBInjectAll.kext in the /other folder, and then place the SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml in the ACPI patched folder to get all of my USBs working correctly again? Sidenote: I have zero files in my ACPI folder and you seem to have a lot. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I took a look at your EFI and config file. I'm using darkwake=0 vs your darkwake=2. Any idea what the difference is? Thanks b166ar!

Last edited:
hey b166ar!

I noticed you mentioned you were looking at moving to the Streacom Da2? Did you end up doing so?

I'd been considering a Mackintosh for ages - love the look of the Da2 so bough it to force myself into doing it.

Would you recommend copying your hardware choices?
Though with the Da2 it seems you can add a separate GPU

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Is anyone know why I get a reboot before the end of the install macosx boot (10.4.5) ?

I have the last version of EFI from @b166ar

The only configuration that is different from the one of @b166ar is the CPU that is the Intel Core i5-9600K (3.7 GHz / 4.6 GHz).

Thank you guys.

Back