Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

My update to 10.14.5 was as smooth as it can be, but I am still using smbios 18,3.

What am I really missing by not switching to 19,2?

My update to 10.14.5 was as smooth as it can be, but I am still using smbios 18,3.

What am I really missing by not switching to 19,2?

Only stable idle frequency :rolleyes:

For a system based on a Z370 board, i5-8400 processor and RX 580 GPU, which system definition is preferred: 19,1 or 19,2?

For USB ports, I use the old-school method of watching the ports and keeping/excluding the ones I want. Which of the above definitions is compatible with this approach (i.e. will not break my USB ports)?

For a system based on a Z370 board, i5-8400 processor and RX 580 GPU, which system definition is preferred: 19,1 or 19,2?

Try SMBIOS 19.1. SMBIOS 19.2 broke my USB, and I could not fix it.

For USB ports, I use the old-school method of watching the ports and keeping/excluding the ones I want. Which of the above definitions is compatible with this approach (i.e. will not break my USB ports)?

It should work, you can keep it.

For a system based on a Z370 board, i5-8400 processor and RX 580 GPU....

My rig is Z370, i5-8400, RX 570 and using smbios 19.1 since 10.14.5 update. Had no issues with changing over from 18.3 however I never tried 19.2 just followed the recommendations from b166ar

Keep a full backup and you are safe to experiment...

Try SMBIOS 19.1. SMBIOS 19.2 broke my USB, and I could not fix it.

It should work, you can keep it.
My rig is Z370, i5-8400, RX 570 and using smbios 19.1 since 10.14.5 update. Had no issues with changing over from 18.3 however I never tried 19.2 just followed the recommendations from b166ar

Keep a full backup and you are safe to experiment...

Ok thanks guys. I've switched to 19,1 and it's been working fine so far. My iPhone gets extra current even in the front USB ports, which is very good sign. How can I test whether Intel QuickSync is working?

Thanks, I confirm that Intel QuickSync is working with the 19,1 system definition.

First of all a huge thank you for the effort you put in this guide!
Since I'm planning to update my unit soon (please ignore sig), I've read the whole thread but there's one thing I couldn't find.

Could you please post your entire bios settings that you're using currently?

Thanks!

Hi!
If you want to use F12 BIOS, then you need to make it Hackintosh friendly. Also, you will need to enable iGPU even if you are going to use eGPU. All other settings are up to you. I overclocked RAM, undervolted CPU and disabled build in RGB.

You can check my settings, but your Hack may fail to boot, because specific RAM timings and frequency.

Attachments

• z370n-b1-bios-setting.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Back