Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

10.14.5 final works fine for me. USBports.kext via Hackintool seems to work again.
Edit: celebrated to early. After a RAM swop, I'm having the same sleep problem again with both USB implementation methods, even with the old ram and rollback from the before working Backup. A little weird behaviour.

Last edited:
10.14.5 final works fine for me. USBports.kext via Hackintool seems to work again.
Edit: celebrated to early. After a RAM swop, I'm having the same sleep problem again with both USB implementation methods, even with the old ram and rollback from the before working Backup. A little weird behaviour.
Check or pmset -g settings. Sometimes you need to reconfigure it after major updates.

Check or pmset -g settings. Sometimes you need to reconfigure it after major updates.
Thanks, settings still match your settings and nothing changed.
Sleep with switched of WiFi works fine. otherwise it wakes always after 9 minutes and sometimes Bluetooth stops working after wake.
I‘m curious why I couldn’t get back to working state, which I backed up :/

Thanks, settings still match your settings and nothing changed.
Sleep with switched of WiFi works fine. otherwise it wakes always after 9 minutes and sometimes Bluetooth stops working after wake.
I‘m curious why I couldn’t get back to working state, which I backed up :/

I just bought some beer and will try to fix USBs :beachball: Will let you know.

Success! Now everything works: USB, USB Power, sleep, iGPU acceleration. I've attached my EFI (all kexts in Other) and pmset -g settings. You can dig in it.

Tomorrow I will write details about the update to 10.14.5 and all the changes that I made. Now I need to sleep :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 02.00.23.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 02.00.23.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 107
Ok guys, here is my final config for 10.14.5. Everything works great — https://github.com/b166ar/Mac-Mini-Killer/releases/tag/final

To run the final version of macOS 10.14.5, I had to make some changes to my configurations.

I changed SMBIOS to 19.1
It gives much better CPU power management. CPU frequency now really low during Idle. I also find out, that USB doesn't work with SMBIOS 19.2. I just can't see any SSxx ports in ioreg.

New USB implementation
It is based on USBInjectAll.kext, not USBPorts.kext like in previous configs.

/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ now has 3 new files: SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml.

Dont forgen to delete USBPorts.kext from /Library/Extensions or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and use USBInjectAll.kext. In the result, all USB ports, USB power and sleep are working.

Moved all kexts
from /Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. This is just an experiment. Kexts in Other should be easier to maintain. If you want to do the same, don't forget to remove your kexts from /Library/Extensions.

How to update
  1. Make sure that you have Clover 4920;
  2. Update macOS to 10.14.5;
  3. Use my EFI folder as a template;
  4. Delete all kexts that are present in Other folder from /Library/Extensions;
  5. Reboot and login to iCloud and other apps (your hack will have a new serial number and SmUUID after SMBIOS update).
  6. Check USB, QuickSync, Sleep.

Ok guys, here is my final config for 10.14.5. Everything works great — https://github.com/b166ar/Mac-Mini-Killer/releases/tag/final

To run the final version of macOS 10.14.5, I had to make some changes to my configurations.

I changed SMBIOS to 19.1
It gives much better CPU power management. CPU frequency now really low during Idle. I also find out, that USB doesn't work with SMBIOS 19.2. I just can't see any SSxx ports in ioreg.

New USB implementation
It is based on USBInjectAll.kext, not USBPorts.kext like in previous configs.

/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ now has 3 new files: SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, SSDT-USBX.aml.

Dont forgen to delete USBPorts.kext from /Library/Extensions or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and use USBInjectAll.kext. In the result, all USB ports, USB power and sleep are working.

Moved all kexts
from /Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. This is just an experiment. Kexts in Other should be easier to maintain. If you want to do the same, don't forget to remove your kexts from /Library/Extensions.

How to update
  1. Make sure that you have Clover 4920;
  2. Update macOS to 10.14.5;
  3. Use my EFI folder as a template;
  4. Delete all kexts that are present in Other folder from /Library/Extensions;
  5. Reboot and login to iCloud and other apps (your hack will have a new serial number and SmUUID after SMBIOS update).
  6. Check USB, QuickSync, Sleep.
You are a Legend! awesome it works like a charm!
Thank you! :clap:
You injected the SS Ports as USB2. Did you just try and error or is there a other reason? It doesn't seem to affect the USB speeds.

Back