Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Now my idle frequency looks like this.

All iMac 2019 used Z370 or Z390 chipset. Teoretecly SMBIOS 19.x should have better compatibility. I noticed better Power Management.

iMac's 21.5 (19.2) have 8th-generation CPUs and Radeon Pro 560x graphics. That is why I chose this SMBIOS.

iMac's 27 (19.1) have 8th- and 9th-generation CPU's with Radeon Pro 570X/575X/580X and optional Vega 48. This SMBIOS recommended for people with i9 and Vega, but should also work with my build.

Cool, it looks like the newest SMBIOS definitions are a good deal for Z370/390 motherboard owners. It seems like my system, specifically, would be a good fit for the 19.1 SMBIOS since the Radeon Pro 580X is just a renamed RX580.

A couple of questions though. It's better to wait until the release of 10.14.5 right? Do you need to reinstall the OS after changing your hackintosh SMBIOS definition? Did you have any issues with your iCloud account?

I am moving into an RX 580 in a couple days on this MoBo and latest Mojave (not beta anymore).

Is the conventional wisdom to go with SMBIOS iMac 19,1 it sounds like?

I am moving into an RX 580 in a couple days on this MoBo and latest Mojave (not beta anymore).

Is the conventional wisdom to go with SMBIOS iMac 19,1 it sounds like?
For a Z370 and RX 580, I'd recommend a System Definition of iMac18,3. You can use MultiBeast for Mojave, choosing:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3​
Buid​
Install​
Reboot after install has completed.

For a Z370 and RX 580, I'd recommend a System Definition of iMac18,3. You can use MultiBeast for Mojave, choosing:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3​
Buid​
Install​
Reboot after install has completed.

So no benefit of the newer SMBIOS?

So no benefit of the newer SMBIOS?

CPU PM slightly better than iMac18,x, steady low idle but idle frequency raised to 1.3 GHz.

If want better CPU PM, try CPUFriend for frequency vector injection.
Frequency vector injection + XCPM low idle result

see below link for detail.

Attached aml for 4.6 GHz CPU, place it to CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Attachments

• ssdt-4600.aml
    15.2 KB · Views: 98
CPU PM slightly better than iMac18,x, steady low idle but idle frequency raised to 1.3 GHz.

If want better CPU PM, try CPUFriend for frequency vector injection.
Frequency vector injection + XCPM low idle result
View attachment 400152

see below link for detail.

Attached aml for 4.6 GHz CPU, place it to CLOVER/ACPI/patched

That for my i7-8700 (non-K)?

Back