Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

I am moving into an RX 580 in a couple days on this MoBo and latest Mojave (not beta anymore).

Is the conventional wisdom to go with SMBIOS iMac 19,1 it sounds like?
For a Z370 and RX 580, I'd recommend a System Definition of iMac18,3. You can use MultiBeast for Mojave, choosing:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3​
Buid​
Install​
Reboot after install has completed.

For a Z370 and RX 580, I'd recommend a System Definition of iMac18,3. You can use MultiBeast for Mojave, choosing:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3​
Buid​
Install​
Reboot after install has completed.

So no benefit of the newer SMBIOS?

So no benefit of the newer SMBIOS?

CPU PM slightly better than iMac18,x, steady low idle but idle frequency raised to 1.3 GHz.

If want better CPU PM, try CPUFriend for frequency vector injection.
Frequency vector injection + XCPM low idle result

see below link for detail.

Attached aml for 4.6 GHz CPU, place it to CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Attachments

• ssdt-4600.aml
    15.2 KB · Views: 98
CPU PM slightly better than iMac18,x, steady low idle but idle frequency raised to 1.3 GHz.

If want better CPU PM, try CPUFriend for frequency vector injection.
Frequency vector injection + XCPM low idle result
View attachment 400152

see below link for detail.

Attached aml for 4.6 GHz CPU, place it to CLOVER/ACPI/patched

That for my i7-8700 (non-K)?

That for my i7-8700 (non-K)?

No relevant to K or non K, base on frequency vector offset, should work from HSW CPU up, higher frequency vector offset get better performance, lower vector offset get better power consumption.

If want more power saving use ssdt-4100.aml

Attachments

• ssdt-4100.aml
    15.2 KB · Views: 81
No relevant to K or non K, base on frequency vector, should work from HSW CPU up, higher frequency vector offset get better performance, lower vector offset get better power consumption.

If want more power saving use ssdt-4100.aml

Thank you! Appreciate the explanation!

A couple of questions though. It's better to wait until the release of 10.14.5 right? Do you need to reinstall the OS after changing your hackintosh SMBIOS definition? Did you have any issues with your iCloud account?

It is better to wait 10.14.5, right.

After you change SMBIOS, your system Serial Number and SmUUID also will be changed. So, after reboot, you will need to log in to your iCloud and some other apps. Don't forget do delete your "old" hakintosh from Apple ID devise list.

I've change SMBIOS a lot of times, and never have any problems with iCloud.

@shuhung

So I have that 4600 aml file installed

How do I verify all is working as it should?

Thank you

Last edited:
Back