Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Yes, internal spinning rusk disks. I have 4 x SATA on the motherboard and 2 x SATA on a PCI-E card.

It is not an issue of mounting, the disks do not show up in diskutil list.

I looked again and in fact, the two disks on the PCI-E card show up, but the motherboard SATA ports do not.

That said, I have had two random occurrences where Mojave has loaded all the disks. Rebooting with the same config and they do not reappear.

Edit: On my High Sierra the disks are connected to "Intel 10 Series" but this does not show on my Mojave install, which shows "Intel 20 Series" and no disks attached.

Where do I go from here?

Unfortunately, I don't have so many drives to replicate your setup. But there are some options in BIOS for SATA drives. Did you try it?

Can you confirm what controller your disks show up as being connected to under System Report? Intel 10 Series or Intel 20 Series Chipset?

In the BIOS there are not many options to play with...

Attachments

• IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Can you confirm what controller your disks show up as being connected to under System Report? Intel 10 Series or Intel 20 Series Chipset?

Where should it be? Can't see any info in SATA/SATA Express tab. Probably because I don't have any SATA drives now. Only M.2 PCIe card.

Fenvi site has a newer driver that than the Apple Bootcamp driver you have which is:
http://en.fenvi.com/en/download_zx.php?s=4&page=3 Use the FVT919 driver for Windows 10.
Your driver: DriverVer=07/24/2015, 7.35.118.40 from Bootcamp 6x
Newer driver: 7.35.317.3 dated 2016
DriverVer=02/03/2016, 7.35.317.3
CatalogFile = BCM43XX.CAT
CatalogFile.NTamd64=BCM43XX64.CAT
Made some updates this weekend:
BT and WiFi work without any kexts! And finally, my Bluetooth keyboard works in Clover, BIOS and during FileVault login. Here are the BCM94360CS2 WiFi/BT drivers for Windows (was very hard to find...)

Hello guys thanks for the great work and support, when I try to update to 10.14.4 it hangs on this screen and keeps blinking (am on dual screen setup the other screen turns black while updating) and nothing changes at all (tried @b166ar fix but still the same ) am attaching my EssentialsList so you guys have a look, Thanks

Attachments

• EssentialsList-2019-03-27 20.04.53.zip
    110.7 KB · Views: 126
I made an EssentialsList dump of my system while all the disks are loaded and subsequently, one without. Could this help narrow down the issue of my on-board motherboard SATA ports only loading intermittently?

Attachments

• With_Disks-EssentialsList-2019-03-28 08.22.11.zip
    385.6 KB · Views: 89
  • No_Disks-EssentialsList-2019-03-28 08.34.47.zip
    380.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hello guys thanks for the great work and support, when I try to update to 10.14.4 it hangs on this screen and keeps blinking (am on dual screen setup the other screen turns black while updating) and nothing changes at all (tried @b166ar fix but still the same ) am attaching my EssentialsList so you guys have a look, Thanks
View attachment 395494

Hi! Your config.plist is super messy and over configured :crazy:. But mine is not suitable for you, because you are using Internal Graphics. You should try @xmark EFI. It is similar to mine, but configured for HD630.

Back