Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Considering giving this another go.

I have a GTX 1070 in my case for my Windows usage right now.

Could I run the Hack/Mojave side using the iGPU outputs for the macOS install but leave that GTX 1070 installed and use that when booting to the Windows side?

Is that possible and/or is there any large problem or drawback of doing so?

**So frustrating that we still don't have NVDA drivers on Mojave, otherwise I'd obviously just use the 1070 for both...

It is possible, but you will need to swap monitor cable each time when you want to switch systems. Some of my friends do this. But I don't have any experience. Son can't advise you anything.

It is possible, but you will need to swap monitor cable each time when you want to switch systems. Some of my friends do this. But I don't have any experience. Son can't advise you anything.

Gotcha - thx
Definitely not ideal, but something I'm looking at to see me through for a bit.

:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Clover ▸ 4895
AppleALC ▸ 1.3.6
Lilu ▸ 1.3.5
WhateverGreen ▸ 1.2.7

The easiest way to update Clover:
  1. Backup your config.plist;
  2. Download my current EFI folder;
  3. Replace your EFI with my EFI;
  4. Delete my config.plist and use your config.plist instead;
  5. Reboot.

Kexts:
1. Navigate to downloaded Kexts for LE folder in Terminal;
2. Run command to copy kexts from to L/E:

Code:
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions

3. Then, rebuild kext cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

b166ar,

I believe your USBPorts.kext is not properly patched.
My USB mic is not showing up neither my Android phone if connected to USB type C.
I had a look at the ports with Hackintool and the Info.plist in USBPort.kext, I think you mixed up HS09 and SS10.
I applied some changes and now it's fine for me however I do not have iPad / iPhone to check the charging current.
Have a look and confirm,

Attachments

• USBPorts_rev.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 87
b166ar,

I believe your USBPorts.kext is not properly patched.
My USB mic is not showing up neither my Android phone if connected to USB type C.
I had a look at the ports with Hackintool and the Info.plist in USBPort.kext, I think you mixed up HS09 and SS10.
I applied some changes and now it's fine for me however I do not have iPad / iPhone to check the charging current.
Have a look and confirm,

Thanks I will try it. As I mentioned before, I forgot to map USB-C port to work with USB 2 drives :)

Good spot and well found the OP for the ASUS solution. I love tinkering with my hack but messing with BIOS is a worry. The F11c seemed to break the filesystem which made me very nervous.
Mark, did you happen to save or write down that error message? I would be willing to look for a solution. It's been a few weeks, so maybe someone else already figured out what was wrong.

Back