Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Clover updated to 4861.

The easiest way to update Clover:
1. Backup your config.plist;
2. Download my current EFI folder;
3. Replace your EFI with my EFI;
4. Delete my config.plist and use your config.plist instead;
5. Reboot.

Does it work for you?

I can't boot with this version. Had to rollback to F10.

Not yet, I'm out of town until wednesday.

What exactly happened to your system: you couldn't boot to MacOS or your computer couldn't boot at all?

Not yet, I'm out of town until wednesday.

What exactly happened to your system: you couldn't boot to MacOS or your computer couldn't boot at all?
I can boot to Windows, but not to macOS. Something related to APFS.

Same here. Yes, file system seems likely, because even rolling back to F10, still could not boot. Major agony. I had a SuperDuper image and on restoring that, all was okay. My personal files are all sync'd via Google Drive/Dropbox and LAN NAS, so everything is as was before but still.

Plus not happy that I can't update BIOS :(

Same here. Yes, file system seems likely, because even rolling back to F10, still could not boot. Major agony. I had a SuperDuper image and on restoring that, all was okay. My personal files are all sync'd via Google Drive/Dropbox and LAN NAS, so everything is as was before but still.

Plus not happy that I can't update BIOS :(

Bummer, this looks bad. Sorry for pointing out the new BIOS, folks. It's now hard to believe what they state in "improve system performance and stability" o_O:problem:

It's now hard to believe what they state in "improve system performance and stability" o_O:problem:

Agreed! I suppose they could say, no one is supposed to be running OS X on the mb, but gee it should still work :cry:

Other GA mbs have BIOS issues as a result of a similar recent "improvement" update. Here for example. I hope someone will have a fix or BIOS setting :thumbup:

So guys, you may congratulate me, it works like a champ now, I’ve resolved the previous issues and yeah, it’s crazy powerful.

I’ve used Unibeast for making bootable USB this time (though I think previous methods were also working and were not causing the problem).

Replaced the EFI folder using @b166ar's, generated a new S/N.

Copied kexts from LE to Others and went through install like it was an original mac.(I didn’t copy them before, no wonder installer wouldn’t even start)

Applied all the tweaks from GitHub manual and also added Patches for more power from USB which @inarush mentioned earlier.

Cloned the macOS ssd to another with Carbon Copy Cloner.

Installed FCPX, Lightroom, Photoshop…Everything so smooth.

BruceX finishes in 15 seconds.

4k 100mbit footage renders on the go, I was applying LUTS, Noise Reduction and Stabilization, before I would wait hours(Macbook Pro 13") - now minutes.

Windows 10 also boots and works like a champ from 2nd m.2.

Here are Geekbench and Cinebench results, also my Geeek a50 case with custom side panels.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 16.31.45-1.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 17.54.04 copy.jpeg

So guys, you may congratulate me, it works like a champ now, I’ve resolved the previous issues and yeah, it’s crazy powerful.

I’ve used Unibeast for making bootable USB this time (though I think previous methods were also working and were not causing the problem).

Replaced the EFI folder using @b166ar's, generated a new S/N.

Copied kexts from LE to Others and went through install like it was an original mac.(I didn’t copy them before, no wonder installer wouldn’t even start)

Applied all the tweaks from GitHub manual and also added Patches for more power from USB which @inarush mentioned earlier.

Cloned the macOS ssd to another with Carbon Copy Cloner.

Installed FCPX, Lightroom, Photoshop…Everything so smooth.

BruceX finishes in 15 seconds.

4k 100mbit footage renders on the go, I was applying LUTS, Noise Reduction and Stabilization, before I would wait hours(Macbook Pro 13") - now minutes.

Windows 10 also boots and works like a champ from 2nd m.2.

Here are Geekbench and Cinebench results, also my Geeek a50 case with custom side panels.

Very cool build, well done! :thumbup:
What case is that?

Back