Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Hello b166ar,

Thank you in advance for assisting me in my attempt fresh install of Mojave. I used your EFI folder at https://d.pr/f/3OLqBY, however unfortunately I am still getting the same kernel panic/reboot error as before. This time, during my attempted installation of Mojave I captured the log window. It seems like there are (at least) two issues, detailed in the screenshots I've attached.
  1. Unable to get fs for /Volumes/Mojave
  2. Failed to set NVRAM property
Thank you so much for your time and support.

View attachment 373553 View attachment 373554 View attachment 373555

Did you try to to format your drive before installation?

Also make sure that you are using BIOS F10. Try to reset it to factory default settings and then try to install macOS again.

Did you try to to format your drive before installation?

Also make sure that you are using BIOS F10. Try to reset it to factory default settings and then try to install macOS again.
I am formatting my HD every time before attempted installation. MacOS Journaled GUID Partition. My Bios follow yours exactly...

I feel at a complete standstill :| Anything else you can possibly think of? Is there any information I can show you to assist in debugging this KP? I am well aware that Hackintosh requires a great deal of technical expertise and patience, however at this point I feel as though I have been more guessing & checking versus logical debugging.

I truly appreciate your time & support.

Last edited:
I am formatting my HD every time before attempted installation. MacOS Journaled GUID Partition.
Try formatting it FAT32 first then reformat again as macOS Ext. Journaled. That is the best way to make sure the drive gets wiped clean.

Try formatting it FAT32 first then reformat again as macOS Ext. Journaled. That is the best way to make sure the drive gets wiped clean.
I followed your instructions but still the same outcome...

I've documented my experience with a video showing my BIOS setting, and the error logs leading up to the Kernel Panic. I will forever be indebted to whoever can help me resolve this issue!!!

Video capturing process & errors. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7W5Gw1jMu9xAE9zq3Ikia1UTMZAE18k/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I am formatting my HD every time before attempted installation. MacOS Journaled GUID Partition. My Bios follow yours exactly...

I feel at a complete standstill :| Anything else you can possibly think of? Is there any information I can show you to assist in debugging this KP? I am well aware that Hackintosh requires a great deal of technical expertise and patience, however at this point I feel as though I have been more guessing & checking versus logical debugging.

I truly appreciate your time & support.

Mojave requires APFS. macOS installer suppose to convert your disk automatically. Try to do it manually.

I followed your instructions but still the same outcome...

I've documented my experience with a video showing my BIOS setting, and the error logs leading up to the Kernel Panic. I will forever be indebted to whoever can help me resolve this issue!!!

Video capturing process & errors. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7W5Gw1jMu9xAE9zq3Ikia1UTMZAE18k/view?usp=sharing

Ok, here is my recommendation based on your video.

1. Update BIOS to F10 (you have F5);
2. Chipset ▸ Internal Graphics = Enabled;
3. Peripherals ▸ Initial Display Output = iGFX;
4. Format your disk to APFS, not FAT and not macOS Extended.

Ok, here is my recommendation based on your video.

1. Update BIOS to F10 (you have F5);
2. Chipset ▸ Internal Graphics = Enabled;
3. Peripherals ▸ Initial Display Output = iGFX;
4. Format your disk to APFS, not FAT and not macOS Extended.

1. 2. 3. 4. Done.

Same terrible error.... :'(
Hopeless?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 16.45.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 16.45.47.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 92
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 16.45.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 16.45.47.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 100
1. 2. 3. 4. Done.

Hopeless?

Maybe your system instability is caused by hardware. It recently happened to a friend's laptop when re-installing Windows 10.

Are you sure your memory clocks and timings are correctly configured? Are you doing any overclock?

1. 2. 3. 4. Done.

Hopeless?

Hm... I would also try to make a new boot flash drive and reinstall Clover.

If it will not help, then, as @inarush suggested, I would troubleshoot hardware: 970 Pro, RAM.

Maybe your system instability is caused by hardware. It recently happened to a friend's laptop when re-installing Windows 10.

Are you sure your memory clocks and timings are correctly configured? Are you doing any overclock?

thank you very much for your support. I am pretty new to this, (it's my first hackintosh build), so I am _not_ sure my memory clocks and timing are correctly configured, however I can assure you that I did not go out of my way to change any settings. My processor is an Intel Core i7 8700K however I do not suspect I have done any overclocking without an OS?

Thank you again. Any support is appreciated!

Back