Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Clover updated to v4769 :beachball:

The easiest way to update:

1. Backup your config.plist;
2. Download my current EFI folder;
3. Replace your EFI with my EFI;
4. Delete my config.plist and use your config.plist instead.

Everything looks good.

What is your BIOS settings? Did you enable RX as a primary GPU? Did you enable iGPU?

Hi b166ar

Yes RX is primary GPU and iGPU is enabled too with 128M

In iStats I see the GPU mostly at 100% usage! This is on 2 x Hacks with identical config + RX580. Sketch runs real slow overall Hack slows down where everything runs in slow motion i.e. typing email nothing shows then suddenly everything will come up!

I suspect the issue to be the PCIe Riser Cable in the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift case - to rule the issue out tried to connect the hdmi cables to the onboard hdmi but there is no display - I suspect its not that simple and I may need to change settings?

Basically I want to disable RX580 temporarily (without physically removing it) and use onboard graphics to see if the issue is the GPU/Riser Cable. Please help.

Hi b166ar

Yes RX is primary GPU and iGPU is enabled too with 128M

In iStats I see the GPU mostly at 100% usage! This is on 2 x Hacks with identical config + RX580. Sketch runs real slow overall Hack slows down where everything runs in slow motion i.e. typing email nothing shows then suddenly everything will come up!

I suspect the issue to be the PCIe Riser Cable in the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift case - to rule the issue out tried to connect the hdmi cables to the onboard hdmi but there is no display - I suspect its not that simple and I may need to change settings?

Basically I want to disable RX580 temporarily (without physically removing it) and use onboard graphics to see if the issue is the GPU/Riser Cable. Please help.

I also use my RX560 with riser cable, and everything is fine. I didn't find any issues in your software, so trying to run hack without razor cable is a good idea.

If you want to switch to iGPU, you can use this settings. But I never tested them with connected GPU, so I'm not sure it will work.

Be aware, if you change SMBIOS, all your apps, Dropbox, iCloud will logout.

I think it will be faster and more secure if you just remove riser cable and plug your GPU directly to motherboard.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift

Oh... I hope you didn't spend an hour on your cable management :) But you definitely need to try your card without that cable.

@partimers, if everything works now, I propose to finalise the build and make everything similar to mine. In the future, it will be easier to support.

Now all your kexts stored in Clover/kext/Other. I moved them to Other folder for you and edited config.plist to simplify the first installation.

Now you need:
1. Delete all kexts form Clover/kext/Other folder except FakeSMC.kext;
2. Download Kexts for LE folder from my GitHub (all kexts are up to date) ;
3. Move all this kexts to /L/E/ with this commands.
4. Set config.plist ▸ System Parameters ▸ Inject Kexts ▸ Detect.

Reboot, and run the script, and I will make sure that everything is ok.

Will do @b166ar. I am now battling the installation of Windows properly (following the UEFI Multiboot on separate drives from here, and geez how that windows installer is a bad thing).

As for putting all the Kexts on /L/E: any advantages over letting them sit there on /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other ?

Will do @b166arAs for putting all the Kexts on /L/E: any advantages over letting them sit there on /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other ?

@RehabMan recommends to keep them in /L/E/, I follow his recommendations. But as you know, Other folder works too.

Will do @b166ar. I am now battling the installation of Windows properly (following the UEFI Multiboot on separate drives from here, and geez how that windows installer is a bad thing).

Do you want to install windows on the same drive? I'm using separate M.2 for Windows. Before installation I removed my macOS drive for safety reasons and then install Windows. That was a challenge. So stupid proses compare with macOS :crazy:

I downloaded your EFI from github. I just edit config.plist

My question https://www.tonymacx86.com/goto/post?id=1856179#post-1856179

Delete SSDT-UIAC.aml from Clover ▸ ACPI ▸ patched. This is USB configuration for the z370n motherboard.

If your USB drive still does not work, try USB 2 ports, or USB 2 flash drive. Also, don't forget about proper BIOS settings.

Try to search for a guide, that based on your motherboard.

Delete SSDT-UIAC.aml from Clover ▸ ACPI ▸ patched. This is USB configuration for the z370n motherboard.

If your USB drive still does not work, try USB 2 ports, or USB 2 flash drive. Also, don't forget about proper BIOS settings.

Try to search for a guide, that based on your motherboard.
Thank you very much!

@RehabMan recommends to keep them in /L/E/, I follow his recommendations. But as you know, Other folder works too.

Do you want to install windows on the same drive? I'm using separate M.2 for Windows. Before installation I removed my macOS drive for safety reasons and then install Windows. That was a challenge. So stupid proses compare with macOS :crazy:

It is indeed a stupid installer the Windows 10 one. I am keeping all separate, Mac on NVMe drive and Windows on a SSD. Had to resort to disconnect all drives and the NVMe and let only the windows drive in. Then I followed the instructions on using diskpart from within the Windows installation USB in order to clean the drive, create an EFI partition and install Windows on the unallocated space. Then all worked fine and I have Windows being shown on Clover boot. Sweet, the machine is getting more and more perfect.

Back