Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

You need to check the Frequency section. FGX line should be active while playing video with QuickTime. And CPU Utilization should be minimum.

If iGPU isn't working, it will be opposite: flat FGX and high Utilization.

View attachment 360672

View attachment 360677
Thank you for that explination. I can confirm my igpu is active and running as expected.

If you think of anything that might be causing my audio issue in fcpx, it would be greatly appreciated. My setup is similar to yours, but I have also tried using your exact setup from your latest github files...still having the same issue.

My setup is as follows:

MB: Gigabyte Z270
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580
CPU: i7 7700k
Bios: dgpu is primary, igpu is enabled, dvmt memory is 128 (all other bios settings are standard hackintosh)
EFI: same as you, located in L/E/...except fakeSMC in Clover/kext/other
Config.plist: mine is attached and is a little different from yours...but as I said, I did try your exact .plist with same results
Audio: I'm using a digidesign digi003 audio interface which uses firewire. no issues with sound that I have found (other than scrubbing clips in fcpx before dragging them to timeline)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
here are my kexts in L/E/

upload_2018-10-26_16-43-48.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 4.41.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 4.41.55 PM.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 141
You need to check the Frequency section. FGX line should be active while playing video with QuickTime. And CPU Utilization should be minimum.

If iGPU isn't working, it will be opposite: flat FGX and high Utilization.

View attachment 360672

View attachment 360677

I confirm that the iGPU frequency goes up and down as I play/stop the playback of a given HD video. That's cool to know that the iGPU is working, but I also find it a little bit confusing because I thought video acceleration would be provided by the dedicated card. I guess I'm just trying to understand the role of the iGPU when there is a dedicated card also installed on the system.

Attachments

• EssentialsList-2018-10-26 17.04.01.zip
    139.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I confirm that the iGPU frequency goes up and down as I play/stop the playback of a given HD video. That's cool to know that the iGPU is working, but I also find it a little bit confusing because I thought video acceleration would be provided by the dedicated card. I guess I'm just trying to understand the role of the iGPU when there is a dedicated card also installed on the system.

Basicly when you have eGPU macOS uses iGPU only for video encoding.

This article should help you to understand the role of iGPU https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video

Hi,
I've experienced system freeze when moving the mouse too fast for my machine (machine configu almost the same hardware to b166ar). It happen once or twice a day. Have to power off and power on to bring up the system. How can I debug this problem ? which log file should be investigated ?
Regards,
Ah keung

Hi,
I've experienced system freeze when moving the mouse too fast for my machine (machine configu almost the same hardware to b166ar). It happen once or twice a day. Have to power off and power on to bring up the system. How can I debug this problem ? which log file should be investigated ?
Regards,
Ah keung

https://github.com/corpnewt/EssentialsList

Attachments

• EssentialsList-2018-10-27 13.59.24.zip
    108.7 KB · Views: 66
Back