Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

You did not understand me.
I mean which kext in use:
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext or AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

You don’t need extra Framebuffer Patching for my build. iGPU is fully functional.

FakePCIID.kext removed from /L/E/ folder. Don't need it for my config.
WhateverGreen.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext removed from Other folder.

You can download latest EFI form Github.

@b166ar thank you for this guide. It has been very helpful.

Can you confirm if you are able to hear audio from movie clips you are about to import into fcpx? I have footage recorded with my iPhone and when I open the import screen or when I scrub already imported footage (before dragging to the timeline), I cannot hear any audio on the footage. When I drag it down to the project timeline, I can hear the audio fine.

My thinking was it has something to do with how fcpx uses the dgpu and igpu (and the various settings we need to set up in a hackintosh), so I wanted to check if your build acted the same.

I can confirm it works properly on a real Mac.

Thanks
Jordy

Can you confirm if you are able to hear audio from movie clips you are about to import into fcpx?

Yep, I have sound during Import, in Project section and in Timeline.

Yep, I have sound during Import, in Project section and in Timeline.
Ok then...guess I’m back to the drawing board with troubleshooting.

You mentioned in a previous post to use the intel power tool to verify if the igpu is being used. I did this but honestly, I could not totally understand what I was seeing. In the first box, the core was being hit while the dram was next to nothing. The second box showed core being used while the gpu was little to none. Is that the expected output if I have dgpu and igpu setup correctly?

Ok then...guess I’m back to the drawing board with troubleshooting.

You mentioned in a previous post to use the intel power tool to verify if the igpu is being used. I did this but honestly, I could not totally understand what I was seeing. In the first box, the core was being hit while the dram was next to nothing. The second box showed core being used while the gpu was little to none. Is that the expected output if I have dgpu and igpu setup correctly?

You need to check the Frequency section. FGX line should be active while playing video with QuickTime. And CPU Utilization should be minimum.

If iGPU isn't working, it will be opposite: flat FGX and high Utilization.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 11-1.47.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 11.54.30 PM.png

Back