Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Hi I've very similar build like your, except the graphic card. Do you enable XMP in your bios? if you do you have usb drive ejected during sleep, and have to press keyboard twice to wake it?

Disabling XMP fixed the with USB drives during sleep. But after manual overclocking, I have the same problem, «Disk not ejected properly».

But, my new Geekbench score is impressive :)

xmp.png

manual.png

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

that doesn't sound that prommising ?

Disabling XMP fixed the with USB drives during sleep. But after manual overclocking, I have the same problem, «Disk not ejected properly».

But, my new Geekbench score is impressive :)

That's impressive score you have there, same thing happen to me without X.M.P my geekbench score drop quite significant. So I guess I will just keep it enable, since ejected during sleep is common for typical mac machine as well. Thanks a lot :clap:

Please help!
What need to change to make nvidia (1050) working instead iGPU or Radeon?

Please help!
What need to change to make nvidia (1050) working instead iGPU or Radeon?
I’m not Nvidia user, but I believe you need to set id-platform-id = 0x59120000. And you should run High Sierra.

I’m not Nvidia user, but I believe you need to set id-platform-id = 0x59120000. And you should run High Sierra.
Thank you! I’ll try tomorrow. I already have high sierra.
I tried to install nvidia web drivers, but after restart id doesnt work (just minimum graphics).
Maybe I need delete some special kext or some options in config? (Maybe some kext or options were installed specialy for radeon video card)

Maybe I need delete some special kext or some options in config? (Maybe some kext or options were installed specialy for radeon video card)

RX560 works OOB, so there are no settings at all. Same with kexts, they should work with your setup.

I squeezed even more from my memory kit :)

xmp.png

37.png

Really? Mine didn't fit.

I had to play with it.
It took more force than expected, but they did click securely into place.

full

I had to unscrew the card from the network module to make it fit.

Perhaps your card had different connectors.

My people are from Ukraine, back in 1900.

Last edited:
Back